GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's got stock speakers and after 10 years one if finally going out a little. I'm not looking for something all out but nice. Only thing done is I took the stock deck out for a Panasonic CQ-DF783U and a Sirius satellite setup. First thing is the 4 4x6 speakers in the truck:

a) what would the best 4x6 to drop in there powered by the Panasonic deck? ....OR

b) if I wanted to run an amp on them what amp would I wanna run with what 4x6 speakers....

Secondly, I do wanna run a sub or maybe even 2 under the rear seat. I'd like to keep the stock jack in place so maybe a single sub box under the rear driver side would be ideal. Simple question I guess....sub, box, amp combo?

I really car audio dumb when it comes to good amp/speaker combonations so any help would be great. I'm not looking to spend a fortune but don't wanna cut myself short at all.

Cameron

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I have a sub box i built to fit under the rear seat behind the driver which sounds like what you plan to do. It allowed me to keep the vast majority of underseat storage and i really like it. I have one 10" memphis audio subwoofer powered by a fosgate 400s amplifier. It isn't a powerful hitting system, but accents the music well and is not overwhelming.

From my experience most aftermarket speakers will sound pretty good as long as you stick with a well known brand. Make sure to match their RMS power handling to the RMS power your headunit puts out and they should work together well.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
You might jsut want to ditch the front stock speakers all together and get you some kickpanels that hold some seperates .. seperates give you some of the best sound. The kick panels run about $150 and you can get some 5 1/4 seperates for about $150 (kenwood, infinity, pioneer, or JBL for example)

·
Registered
703 Posts
yes definately go with the kick panels and get a component set, you will get much more clear mid range and the highs will be much more crisp. replacing the stock 4x6's in the rear would be fine. The only advantages of not getting a component set for the kick panels is that if you just replaced all the stck 4x6's with 4x6's then you could run them off the main head unit. the component set, depending on what you get, may require a little bit more power. In that case you want to buy a standard 4 channel amp. 75x4 watts would be fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts