GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right heres whats going on. First I am getting new knee in 2 weeks have bad back and been out in garage for last two weeks doing everything I can think of? Am 66 been mechanic all my life and very seldom get defeated in a job but this has done it.
Started off just new front pads & turn rotors--Put on Bosh perfect-stop pads
OH brake pedal never was good but could slide tires on gravel road ok,
Now No brake pedal? Hard when engine off to floor when on?
New master cyl/ then that was bad [leaked at reservoir seal] took back then put up-graded New style MC on, No change?
Took to shop to power bleed they found combination valve leaking
Took back home I took off ABS and put on new combo valve Bleed and Bleed and Bleed the system there is no air in this.
OH put new rear cyl on last year checked and adj, there ok
Now took out on my gravel road with all this new and Dam pedal goes to floor and CANNOT slide tires on stone road???

I QUIT!!!! I CANNOT DO THIS ANYMORE!!! I need the truck and with knee surgery around corner dont know what to do????

What can possibly be left to change???????????
Truck is like new NO rust very clean low miles?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brake Booster would be my guess. Did anyone check?
Brake booster & rubber lines & 3rd M/C & new front calipers STILL pedal goes to floor???------BUT I have fixed it and this truck has NEVER had such good brakes!---Been 3 weeks on this and alot $ and ALOT thinking but I finally check the pre-load on M/C and there was NONE!! So I made a piece on my metal lathe to fit over rod end on booster and it has about 3/8 pre-load and my pedal is rock-hard AND No brake drag at all!! [first time made it little to long and had brake drag] Thats it guys for some reason GM missed the pre-load and ALL parts I put on are STOCK to fit that truck,,What a relief!!!-------------------------------------For all of you dealing with this try it--it works FINE!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that sounds like alot pre-load but it works AND like I said all STOCK GM parts,,I hope I helped some of you going threw what I had too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts