GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original radio (above the ac controls) in my 1994 pickup doesnt serve a purpose because it is not hooked up due to my alpine deck in the middle of my dash. I want to remove the original radio and put an equalizer, power booster, and light\winch switches there instead. Can anyone help walk me through on how to remove it?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
remove all the torq screws around the bezel, I wanna say they are T25, then all the 7mm around the ac controls, one behind the ac controls and around the radio then pull the harness out

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! i did all of this. Now where do i remove the harness from? i dont want to have to cut any of the chords just in case i need to put it back on some day. Do i take the radio part i removed apart and remove the harness some where in there? or follow the chords into the dash?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THank you very much for your help. I was able to remove what i wanted. Everything came out smoothly except one white wire would not come out with the harness and i could not track where it went so i had to cut it. but no worries.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
the white one goes to the tape deck and the other one drops down to the original amp location. The tape deck wires also go to the amp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts