GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the process of acquiring a few GMC/Chevy trucks to get seats, spare parts, interior parts, etc.
What I am wanting to do is have a completed truck with the following for a 3rd door extended cab long bed automatic, with a 5.0 tbi.
  • LED lighting inside and out.
  • Full center console to the dash with shifter installed (this would need to work like a normal center console shifter, not a ratcheting one.)
  • Have a power hub in the console with a wireless charging station included in the top of the armrest.
  • Use the 97-98 2500hd and up dash so that I can get the cubby where the airbag on the passenger side would be, or remove the airbag and make the airbag housing a cubby with the front as a lockable door.
  • Install a second full-size fuel tank. As well as a Hydrogen system (I have one on my current truck and LOVE it).
  • If I can find one that will work I would also like to have a steering wheel with audio controls as well.
  • The last thing is an idea I have wanted to do for some time and that is to find a way to make the back seat lay down to use sort of like a bed, this would roll into place and a spring pin can be used to lock it into place. The problem is I have no idea if this is possible or how to go about it if it is.
For the lighting, I have found a link that helps to get that all setup but I am unable to add it as this is my first post.

I am having issues with finding a console that will fit up to the dash and between the seats and even more so on a regular floor shifter that can be used with and inside the console without compromising something like the cupholders.

As far as the dash itself I have read a 97-98 dash will fit in a 95 but people say that the computer (ECM) may be an issue and rewiring may have to be done.

One thing I would really like to have is a second full-size gas take under the bed like one that is already on it, I have found no info on this as an option and would really like to get this set up.

Because of the wife, I will need to have as much storage as possible in the truck so that if we go somewhere I won't have to leave it in the bed of the truck to possibly lose something (been there done that) and we are not cramped in the vehicle with excessive crap.

I would love to get some ideas or how-tos from everyone that is willing to lend their thoughts and opinions good or bad.

·
I have t-rex arms
314 Posts
Why a 5.0 TBI? If you’re going through all this trouble, why not at least go with a 5.7? Even if you stick with TBI for wiring and computer reasons, you can throw some cheap parts at a 5.7 and reliable power. 5.0 is a waste of time and money IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5.0 is what I currently have and it's been reliable as hell. I don't need the extra power for this particular truck just the mileage. My 5.0 I have now is currently getting 22 highway without the hho and about 32 with the hho hooked up.

The truck I'm going to be getting for the body had a 5.7 but I was pulled and added to another vehicle already.

My goal is to have 2 trucks done when it is all said and done but I want to customize the one with the 5.0 as it will be more of the "family" truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far as the center console goes I would like to have something similar to this but with a automatic shifter rather than the manual. I really like the 03-07 Silverado SS BOSE console for this idea even though I would have to throw it in the 95. I would like to find a way to make this fit.

I also have found some information to change out the steering wheel and get some audio controls on there with a c6 corvette steering wheel and upper steering shaft and to just swap the corvet cover on the steering wheel with one that has the chevy logo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts