GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the process of acquiring a few GMC/Chevy trucks to get seats, spare parts, interior parts, etc.
What I am wanting to do is have a completed truck with the following for a 3rd door extended cab long bed automatic, with a 5.0 tbi.
  • LED lighting inside and out.
  • Full center console to the dash with shifter installed (this would need to work like a normal center console shifter, not a ratcheting one.)
  • Have a power hub in the console with a wireless charging station included in the top of the armrest.
  • Use the 97-98 2500hd and up dash so that I can get the cubby where the airbag on the passenger side would be, or remove the airbag and make the airbag housing a cubby with the front as a lockable door.
  • Install a second full-size fuel tank. As well as a Hydrogen system (I have one on my current truck and LOVE it).
  • If I can find one that will work I would also like to have a steering wheel with audio controls as well.
  • The last thing is an idea I have wanted to do for some time and that is to find a way to make the back seat lay down to use sort of like a bed, this would roll into place and a spring pin can be used to lock it into place. The problem is I have no idea if this is possible or how to go about it if it is.
For the lighting, I have found a link that helps to get that all setup but I am unable to add it as this is my first post.

I am having issues with finding a console that will fit up to the dash and between the seats and even more so on a regular floor shifter that can be used with and inside the console without compromising something like the cupholders.

As far as the dash itself I have read a 97-98 dash will fit in a 95 but people say that the computer (ECM) may be an issue and rewiring may have to be done.

One thing I would really like to have is a second full-size gas take under the bed like one that is already on it, I have found no info on this as an option and would really like to get this set up.

Because of the wife, I will need to have as much storage as possible in the truck so that if we go somewhere I won't have to leave it in the bed of the truck to possibly lose something (been there done that) and we are not cramped in the vehicle with excessive crap.

I would love to get some ideas or how-tos from everyone that is willing to lend their thoughts and opinions good or bad.

·
I have t-rex arms
333 Posts
Why a 5.0 TBI? If you’re going through all this trouble, why not at least go with a 5.7? Even if you stick with TBI for wiring and computer reasons, you can throw some cheap parts at a 5.7 and reliable power. 5.0 is a waste of time and money IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5.0 is what I currently have and it's been reliable as hell. I don't need the extra power for this particular truck just the mileage. My 5.0 I have now is currently getting 22 highway without the hho and about 32 with the hho hooked up.

The truck I'm going to be getting for the body had a 5.7 but I was pulled and added to another vehicle already.

My goal is to have 2 trucks done when it is all said and done but I want to customize the one with the 5.0 as it will be more of the "family" truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far as the center console goes I would like to have something similar to this but with a automatic shifter rather than the manual. I really like the 03-07 Silverado SS BOSE console for this idea even though I would have to throw it in the 95. I would like to find a way to make this fit.

I also have found some information to change out the steering wheel and get some audio controls on there with a c6 corvette steering wheel and upper steering shaft and to just swap the corvet cover on the steering wheel with one that has the chevy logo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Putting in a 96-98 dash in place of your 95 in not an issue. You will need to swap out the hvac diffuser as it shaped differently between the dashes. Make sure that you get the newer ashtray assembly also as it's a diff size. As far as the wiring is concerned, you use your 95 harness. So no need for wiring mods.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For the steering wheel radio controls, get the steering wheel and clockspring from a later model (01-02) blazer, jimmy, bravada. Usually in the higher end models, not the base. Plenty of threads out there on how to wire it up after you install those 2 parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts