GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wanting to do 1 10 in a custom built box inbetween my bucket seats. i'm thinking of firing it toward the back wall in a sealed box. i want something that is going to sound clean and good with a variety of music. i'm looking for something that will not require alot of air space, what do you guys think would be good?

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
i'm wanting to do 1 10 in a custom built box inbetween my bucket seats. i'm thinking of firing it toward the back wall in a sealed box. i want something that is going to sound clean and good with a variety of music. i'm looking for something that will not require alot of air space, what do you guys think would be good?
I'd definitely deaden your back wall if you're gonna do that. A Sundown SA10 needs 0.75 cu. ft. sealed, that would work well.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
sean, would i be better off down firing it? i'm open to all suggestions.
In a regular cab you may see similar results. I've never tried firing back in one. The biggest thing is having appropriate clearance and mounting. If you fire it back, is the console going to be too tall by the seat? Remember, you have mounting depth and spacing from the floor/back wall to worry about and doing it rear firing it will be at least 11.5" tall. Downfiring you could take that down to 9.5 or so.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In a regular cab you may see similar results. I've never tried firing back in one. The biggest thing is having appropriate clearance and mounting. If you fire it back, is the console going to be too tall by the seat? Remember, you have mounting depth and spacing from the floor/back wall to worry about and doing it rear firing it will be at least 11.5" tall. Downfiring you could take that down to 9.5 or so.
i have a console in there now and its 14" tall for my armrest, so i don't think back firing it will be a issue. i'm just concerned about air space, i'm thinking about 1 cu ft would be as big of a box as i wanna go because i want to buid a custom console on top of the box.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
i have a console in there now and its 14" tall for my armrest, so i don't think back firing it will be a issue. i'm just concerned about air space, i'm thinking about 1 cu ft would be as big of a box as i wanna go because i want to buid a custom console on top of the box.
There ya go, Sundown SA10 uses 0.75 cu. ft. The SA12 uses 1 cu. ft. if you wanted to go even bigger and still fit what you're doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts