GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new toy/project, it's a 95 gmc that I picked up for $2700 a few months ago. Runs good the body and interior are in good shape except the paint, the clear coat is in rough shape. The truck has had a bit of work done to it before I got it, some of it was done right and some of it is interesting. My main goal for now is to get it mechanically sound since it's been sitting for sometime.

IMG_3299_zpsd22b8a63.jpg

screenshot81_zps7c5db04c.jpg

SAM_2083_zps9e6d5bbb.jpg

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
So much rust in engine bay. Needs a good paint job. everywhere

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So much rust in engine bay. Needs a good paint job. everywhere
The air cleaner and intake are in the worst shape the rest is mostly dirt, but the engine is bone stock and runs strong. Im wondering what caused the rust, my guess is from sitting so long and water coming in from the cowl hood. I plan to start sanding and prep for new paint soon I hope.

·
Registered
9,764 Posts
The air cleaner and intake are in the worst shape the rest is mostly dirt, but the engine is bone stock and runs strong. Im wondering what caused the rust, my guess is from sitting so long and water coming in from the cowl hood. I plan to start sanding and prep for new paint soon I hope.
I wouldnt waste my time you can pick that stuff like the cleaner lid and intake pretty cheap local yards or cl...

·
GM Veteran
607 Posts
First things first. Remove engine and paint compartment. Then replace engine with LS1. You'll thank me later

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First things first. Remove engine and paint compartment. Then replace engine with LS1. You'll thank me later
I'm not planing on doing an engine swap just yet, but I will agree with you on the LS1 it has more power than the low compression BB that's in there now and will probably get better mpg

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Duramax/Allison swap :read:

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Or maybe even LB7/ZF6...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts