GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall back again after all these years
this is my 95 k1500 i got bone stock at 16, some of u have watched it grow for over 15 years now. heres how shes doin now
still under construction but slowly getting there and done for relatively cheap
i am no mechanic and was kinda wingin it

sky sas 3” bolt on kit
85 gm 10 bolt front from 85 k10
crossover steering
gm 14 bolt sf from 92 k2500
4” 78-87 leafs
3” body lift
42.5x13.50 boggers
15x12 mickey thompson classic
4.5” rear blocks

for awhile i had 40x17 groundhawgs on 15x14 wheels

still stock gearing and i have a np208c that i havent gotten the 4wd lever to connect yet bc its on the other side, any thoughts?

the np208 also doesnt work with speedometer, i was wondering if anyone knew what vss i can buy

still need s custom crossmember for passenger drop axle.
between the shifter, crossmember and the 208 being higher geared than factory tcase, should i might aswell throw in a front axle from a f250 possibly. is the 10 bolt worth keepin offroad? its going 5.13 gears in the rear

thanks guys
good to be back

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
welcome back. I believe you are starting on the same track as drew, Cajun4x4 did on his obs. I'd recommend searching for his build thread and doing some reading. IIRC, he started on a 10bolt front axle before getting a D60. That 10bolt didnt like his military tires he used to DD.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome back. I believe you are starting on the same track as drew, Cajun4x4 did on his obs. I'd recommend searching for his build thread and doing some reading. IIRC, he started on a 10bolt front axle before getting a D60. That 10bolt didnt like his military tires he used to DD.
thanks for reminding me, i used to be very active on here when i was younger and had to come back to show u guys how its paying off
cajun4x4 inspired me lol showed me u can do it without a shop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts