GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally took some time to make a build thread for my prerunner i've had for a couple years.

bought it mostly stock with a custom long travel front and cheap national leaves/kings on the rear, 4.3 with a chip and exhaust. made 16 inches travel front and rear.

l_f689e46ecaff429db9ac49468ed5f263.jpg

l_849ed874229940d8a37feb5a6358449d.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

swaped the motor for a built 355/turbo 400, had it caged engine and cab last fall.

200.jpg

003.jpg

before i went on my last deployment i dropped it off for the back half and 4 link.

16.jpg

27.jpg

102_2285.jpg

102_2289.jpg

102_2292.jpg

102_2291.jpg

now has 9 inch rear end, pulls 29 in of rear travel, with a sway bar. waiting to break the front before i re-do it.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
impressive.. keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That thing is so bad ass!! In for the build

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, its definitely fun. i havent been able to test it with the 4 link. gonna change some of the springs this weekend for a taller ride height.

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
what are your plans for the front once your done? to me the only problem for the front on yours is the single shear mount on the upper. Not critizing by any means, but it seems thats the only thing i would ever worry about. the truck looks great OBS builds are some of my favorite.

where did you get the 9 inch from? been looking around for a good place to buy one from but havent found much.
is that the JAZ 32 gallon cell? what pump/ sending unit did you use? also where did you get the fuel lines from?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what are your plans for the front once your done? to me the only problem for the front on yours is the single shear mount on the upper. Not critizing by any means, but it seems thats the only thing i would ever worry about. the truck looks great OBS builds are some of my favorite.

where did you get the 9 inch from? been looking around for a good place to buy one from but havent found much.
is that the JAZ 32 gallon cell? what pump/ sending unit did you use? also where did you get the fuel lines from?
single sheer on what?

whenever i break something or get enough money, im gonna get boxed upper and lower a-arms, with a new spindle. the current one is just a fabtech spindle machined and modified for the uniballs. i also need to move the bump stop and make room for triple bypasses.

the 9inch is a spidertrax housing with a currie 3rd member and axels, and truss added. wilwood brakes. definitely wasn't cheap.
fuel cell is 32 gal. jaz, had to get a fuelsafe sending unit since apparently jaz doesn't make one long enough for that cell, and it doesn't even work right. and the pump and lines came with the edelbrock fuel injection system i'm running.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts