Coming Up:
- Full LED Interior
- Tonneau Cover
- 60/40 Split Bench Seat

·
GMT400 Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's gone through some small changes. This is the most recent picture. It's about to go through a couple more

Green LEDs in stock radio and switches (cluster coming soon)

·
GMT400 Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Dodge mirrors won't be on the truck much longer. Glad I could say I had them but it's to for stock mirrors

·
GMT400 Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

4" rough country lift, 2" skyjacker add a leaf, tyc stock replacements all around, black low pro toolbox.

I've got a 14 bolt with 3.73s and a g80 for $200. Still rebuilding it, then I'll toss it in

·
GMT400 Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Current Picture from moving the other day
BA0PfPG.jpg

Still working on the axle and six lug swap. It will have new axle seals and bearings, new backing plates, brakes, parking brake cables, wheel studs, and fluid by the time it's done. Waiting for backing plates and I'll throw the brakes on and it'll be ready to go in.
UQisHNo.jpg

That black toolbox went to a new owner. Grille guard, mud flaps and side steps will be coming off as well. I like the look of them but not on this truck anymore. I guess it was a phase I went through. The simpler the better.

My current wheels and tires will be gone as well. I have a family member getting rid of some newer style 18" z71 wheels that I'll pick up cheap.
rim.jpg

Besides the dodge mirrors (which are long gone), this is what I'm going for. May drop the back an inch or two. I haven't decided yet. Some pictures makes the rake look good but others makes it look like way too much rake. We'll just have to see.

Hpdb0iH.jpg

After the six lug swap, a bakflip G2 tonneau cover and a tailpipe will finish it off.
Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
lose the molding, and cm the oem mirrors imo.

·
GMT400 Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lose the molding, and cm the oem mirrors imo.
Molding is staying for sure. I'm the minority that actually likes the way these trucks look with it. But colomatching is something I've tossed around or a while now. I may try photoshopping it and seeing if I like it.

·
GMT400 Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up the 18" wheels with some decent tires on them.

Also removed the mudflaps and side steps

·
GMT400 Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finished it. I've driven it 50 miles or so today listening for noises. So far so good. Brakes work good. No noises. No vibrations. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Grille guard was sold this morning. For $175 more than I paid for it a couple months ago. I still have to take it off and meet the guy

Next up is a wash and wax for the truck meet this weekend.

·
GMT400 Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like it. Simple and clean. Well done.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Think it looks better without "dem derge towing mirrors" lol?

I'm over the grille guard, tons of driving lights, offroad, work truck look. Less is more. I don't plan on the exterior changing from here on out.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
pick yourself up some clears corners of ebay, would drastically clean up the front of this truck.

Reactions: 66nova

·
GMT400 Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pick yourself up some clears corners of ebay, would drastically clean up the front of this truck.
I had a set of clears a while ago. I stuck them in, took a picture, and took them right back off. I didn't think they fit the rest of the truck. They might work better on it now though.
image.jpeg

Great looking truck! I have always been a fan of the gmt400 trucks. I had a 95 before I got my 2007.
Thanks! Appreciate it. Have a picture of yours?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts