GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i get ready to do the rear setup on my yukon i plan on running 20" for now but i might go to 22 in the future. how can i set it up to make sure that i will lay frame on 22" when i do go t them.

Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I wouldnt worry about the back so much, just make sure your knotch is big enough and if you use dog bones on your setup make sure they are the correct size

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i guess that can be my next question, i have a full kit for a 95 c1500 it uses a triangulated 4 link for the rear. Could i just use this on the yukon?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
If your 20" tire is 27" tall, and your new 22" tire is 29" tall, put a 1" peice of wood under the tire and thats how high your axle will be.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hmm idk because from 95-96 they changed alot of stuff, id say get the kit out and compare it to yours make sure bolt holes would match ,etc.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Well i guess that can be my next question, i have a full kit for a 95 c1500 it uses a triangulated 4 link for the rear. Could i just use this on the yukon?
Frames are probably different, but if you have some fab skills you can probably get it to work.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This may be a dum question but, i am gonna use behind and below axle brackets on rear. just weld on the axle brakets and set the rearend with a one inch peace of wood under the tires to make the axle as it would be for the 22"s.

The just fully compress the bag and then tak weld the upper brakets into place....
I should be set from then on out correct...

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
it depends on what tire sizes you are using. What size you planning for the 22's and what do you have on the 20's?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have have not bought the wheels or tires yet, i am wanting to plan all that out get a overall tire hight for the 22's and the 20's and then just build it to lay out on the taller tire of the 2. The yukon will be pushing the 8000 hp range, so gonna all be really wide but gonna try to stay with 29-30 overall tire hight for larger of the 2

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry just figured no one wanted to read about stuff unless they had interest in it. ok so this is the thread.. no mere..., if i had a way i would delete the rest sorry to upset ya..

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Sorry just figured no one wanted to read about stuff unless they had interest in it. ok so this is the thread.. no mere..., if i had a way i would delete the rest sorry to upset ya..
no worries bro
its been happening alot lately.
people making multiple threads about each question they have.
just use the first thread and ask away there.
it just clutters it up ya know

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
If your 20" tire is 27" tall, and your new 22" tire is 29" tall, put a 1" peice of wood under the tire and thats how high your axle will be.
Exactly what he said.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kewl, im gonna plan building it all for 22's for the future then.. Actually thought about 20's in front and 22"s in rear but either way about the same building....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts