GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 SPEC FOR PLUG GAP OF .035 . I'M RUNNING 97 SPEC OF .055 . ONLY SEEMS TO FIRE #1 AND #5 CYLINDERS (ONLY 1&5 HEADER PIPES ARE HOT) AND PLUGS FOUL OUT . HOW SHOULD I PROCEED TO REMEDY THIS ? I HAVE 97 TBI , MANIFOLD ,HARNESS ,DIST AND ECM . WOULD LIKE TO AVOID INSTAL IF POSSIBLE . tHANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION .

·
Registered
Solid axle '01 Tahoe/'03 Sierra/'18 Silverado
134 Posts
The distributor modules on the TBI engines burn out easily. The TBI computer uses the distributor module to generate injector pulse. So if failed, they can run super weird because it affects spark and fuel.

Is it a new swap? Was it running fine, and then this just started?

Maybe it's something related to when the swap was done like the distributor rotor is 180 off or, just timing or something.

Also, i think we need more info. A 1997 5.7 vortec engine won't accept a 1993 TBI manifold. So either it's not a 1997 vortec, or its not a factory tbi manifold if that makes sense

·
Some dude on the internet
455 Posts
Your info is very hard to understand. Can you post pics and provide more clarity and what you are trying to accomplish?? There is no 97 5.7 that used TBI, nor will an 88-95 tbi manifold bolt to 96+ vortec heads just like Trippblack said.

Are you trying to do an entire vortec swap including the pcm and wiring harness? are you attempting to swap just the engine and try to use your 93 TBI setup?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts