GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to start a thread for my truck mainly to help me keep track of progress since I have decided I want to get it into fairly new condition

I bought her 9 yrs ago but this is the oldest picture I have.

she had 90k miles a locker rear with 4.10's a hypertech chip. (which I think barely does anything) some Pioneer Subs and a 6" lift.

Chevysilverado.jpg

this Is after I had a lower ball Joint fail, I took out the old 6" lift and put in a 7.5" lift came with new upper and lower A-arms and a newer 3" lift spring, I also rebuilt the whole front end with Moog parts and added new rotors with new bearings, only thing that stayed was the spindles and brake lines. this was in March of this year.

up to this point aside from the lift, I added a new cd player, Magnaflow cats and I swapped the flowmaster out for a cherry bomb vortex muffler.

97truck_zpsac7586b4.jpg

Recently I pulled the old intake and added a new Volant intake. The old intake tube was damaged so I just grabbed a new setup, I think it looks better.

chevy1500intake_zps4fc73799.gif

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got all the parts in I needed/wanted, my buddy making sure its all up to her standards.

chevytruckpartskitty_zps4caee039.gif

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
started to move forward on some things that need to get done with my truck, one was she was hard starting and would occasionally miss at cruising speeds.
I think I found it, Im guessing theres a little fuel leak going on here.

IMAG0346_zpse23b345b.gif

Pulled the distributor cap. looks like thats gotta get swapped out along with the rotor.
IMAG0348_zpsf34c6323.jpg

Pulled the lower Intake and those gaskets look worst in person, they are barely hanging in there.

IMAG0360_zps58f69eea.jpg

Motor all in all I think looks alright for 168k. ive definately seen worst with less.
IMAG0358_zps1f3da1b4.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Spider injection and intake gaskets can cause a shit storm on ya. How comes the rebuild? Are you just swapping the rocker arms them selves? What ratio did you go with on them?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spider injectors had been bad for a while and the lower Intake started to leak, I just figured while I had most of the top off, throw on some roller rockers. I went with 1.6 roller rockers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have read and seen that this connection into the manifold sucks, and it sure does. I already bought the replacement connector, A lot better quality, this stocky snapped right off. grabbed a hack saw blade and cut out what was left in the manifold.

IMAG03671_zps4414ef4b.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Everyone I see always snaps the little booger. Seems like some have came up with the idea to cut the line farther up and just connect them back together.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the new Spider Injector in. grabbed some grade 8 bolts from my favorite hardware store and replaced the old ones, that were looking rough and had a knarly smell to them.

IMAG03901_zps728d23ac.gif

I got the spacer on, as I reviewed previous pictures I realized I was a tooth off on the distributor which made a huge difference in Distributor clearance as opposed to the spacer, I did some grinding in case I have to make some adjustments I wanna be able to twist the distributor a little bit. that spacer was right up on where the distributor cap screws on.

I also got the upper intake on and the 1.6 Roller Rockers installed. I just finished adjusting the valves

IMAG04001_zps2d988526.gif

IMAG04071_zpsd8262af1.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you going to need any headwork to run the 1.6 rockers? Are you keeping the stock cam? Do you plan on any tuning?
no head work needed, Im keeping the stock cam.....for now, and yes tuning is coming up, I already contacted Lextech and got the info from him for the 0411 pcm swap.

Everyone I see always snaps the little booger. Seems like some have came up with the idea to cut the line farther up and just connect them back together.
they have a replacement one grabbed at autozone, much better quality.

Those would almost make a person want clear valve covers to show em off lol.

yea I was a bit disapointed putting the valve covers on, I really liked the quality of the scorpion rockers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is a guy on Facebook and another forum who is selling repinned harnesses and 0411 pcms. He can even have it set up where he sends you the harness, the PCM to Blackbear and Blackbear sends you the PCM. Everything is done in your name so you can go bac to them for retunes and whatnot. Pm me if you would like and I can send you his infor and screen names if you are interested.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wrapped it up today, changed the oil and fired her up, roller rockers were clacking more then im used to on initial start up, but in 20 minutes they all quieted down.
IMAG04121_zps1ffaac31.gif

There is a guy on Facebook and another forum who is selling repinned harnesses and 0411 pcms. He can even have it set up where he sends you the harness, the PCM to Blackbear and Blackbear sends you the PCM. Everything is done in your name so you can go bac to them for retunes and whatnot. Pm me if you would like and I can send you his info or and screen names if you are interested.
Alright, thanks man, Ill hit you up in a little bit.

as soon as I grab some headers Im done with the motor until 200k. it'll be a perfect time to get a proper tune done.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
I dig the old school welds and bfg at pic. Doesn't look bad man. Certainly been seeing alot of rougher things coming from gmt400 lately.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you guys.

Nothing to exciting but I did get a set of headlights in, I think I might catch some sh!t from some of you guys sense some people just plain ole' dont like projectors, and I dont like them on certain vehicles either, but I figured these ones didnt look too bad, and I wanted to try them out.

Currently awaiting the go ahead from my buddy.

IMAG04311_zpsa3458ec4.gif

they appear to be a better quality then the ones I have on now, but who knows.

back of headlight

IMAG04521_zpsa343c6e1.jpg

back of Projector light.

IMAG04461_zps081a42db.jpg

Back of turn Signals

IMAG04511_zps432709d8.jpg

definately a lot different then my current set up,

Now Im researching all the things I can get done while getting into the headlights, I know ones a 4hi mod and the other is the upper side marker mod, Im going to change those out to LED's. Sampuppy1 (GMT400 LED vendor), who has been very helpful putting together an led package for me should be sending that out soon, and as soon as I get those LED's I can start on these headlights and get into the Interior.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts