GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question, did the v6 vortec to V8 vortec swap, changed wiring in engine compartment, motor mounts, tranny lines, kept the original throttle cable and cruise cable, I messed up I think and didn't get the ecm from donor bcuz it was already gone. Long story short money is tight so I have a 96 V8 ecm but I'm still not getting my 8 cylinders when starting. Why am I still getting 6 cylinders? Starts easy and runs like it's a bad v6 or something. Is there something I'm missing cuz I'm flat broke and can't get truck running like it needs to be......PLEASE HELP ME

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simple question, did the v6 vortec to V8 vortec swap, changed wiring in engine compartment, motor mounts, tranny lines, kept the original throttle cable and cruise cable, I messed up I think and didn't get the ecm from donor bcuz it was already gone. Long story short money is tight so I have a 96 V8 ecm but I'm still not getting my 8 cylinders when starting. Why am I still getting 6 cylinders? Starts easy and runs like it's a bad v6 or something. Is there something I'm missing cuz I'm flat broke and can't get truck running like it needs to be......PLEASE HELP ME
Okay so if it is possible I'll explain this a little easier so maybe I'll get some1 to give me some advice: I did the swap vortec v6 to vortec v8 and like I said I didn't get the correct ecm so that's another question in itself, I can start the truck up and it'll run fine but it'll drop to 6 cylinders and run like poo. What's a man to do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it possible that I need a different ecm bcuz I've gotta v8 ecm in it but is there something I'm missing? Maybe another computer that limits the stock from the factory v6 to stay in my pickup no matter what is put in it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts