GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Chevy that I am told is a 1 ton diesel....(How can I tell)....Anyway my question is...I cranked the torsion bars up 1 1/2" to 2" to get a level ride...Got my front end aligned and everything is fine except I am getting the little bounce in the front end...Will shocks fix this and if so which ones do I get...How long? What brand? Do I need to get them? I am kind of new to all of this so please be patient....Thanks

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
That is a side effect of cranked torsion bars, longer shocks arent needed on Old Body Style chevys. For the rating of your truck read the body moulding on the truck, if its not available read the tags in the door jamb, it will have the model number.
k1500=1/2 ton
k2500=3/4 ton
k3500=1 ton.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
That is a side effect of cranked torsion bars, longer shocks arent needed on Old Body Style chevys. For the rating of your truck read the body moulding on the truck, if its not available read the tags in the door jamb, it will have the model number.
k1500=1/2 ton
k2500=3/4 ton
k3500=1 ton.
Unless it is debadged, it will/should say 1500/2500/3500 on the doors too if they are factory.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Unless it is debadged, it will/should say 1500/2500/3500 on the doors too if they are factory.
My post said that too. Go look at your axle and count your diff cover bolts. and let us know. should bve a 14 bolt, if the diff is shaped like an alien head its a ff, if iis more of a ellipse its a semi floater.

·
Registered
928 Posts
didnt the obs 1 tons only come in cclb or duallys? i no the obs 2500 came in ecsb, eclb, and ccsb, and cclb. but i think the 1tons are only cc's or duallys

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Nope. They came in different configurations. You just see more of the CCLB & Dually versions.

My 95' K3500-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts