GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought another obs and went 5-7 this time...98 obs rcsb...
i have a minor issue with the control arms...when i installed everything and drove it for the first time i hear a banging noise when hitting bumps...well i got out to check and looked behind the front tires on both sides...i noticed there is a small piece of metal hanging down about an 3/4 inch from the frame that is hitting the control arms when going over bumps...am i to trim this..?

·
Registered
178 Posts
i just bought another obs and went 5-7 this time...98 obs rcsb...
i have a minor issue with the control arms...when i installed everything and drove it for the first time i hear a banging noise when hitting bumps...well i got out to check and looked behind the front tires on both sides...i noticed there is a small piece of metal hanging down about an 3/4 inch from the frame that is hitting the control arms when going over bumps...am i to trim this..?
Is way inside close to the bushing? If so yeah, trim it, It shouldn't be to loud though. Grease the ball joints real good, those things can pop loud as hell when they are dry.
badhabitcustomssig.jpg

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I know what your talking about... I bagged my truck and I just grinded mine down a little bit. It also depends on how you dropped it. 3'' coils and 2'' drop spindles you should be fine.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i used 3" coils and 2" spindles.....by the way 98gmajb, your truck is just plain rediculous...i love it..example of the perfect static dropped obs...as a matter of fact the picture you have of your truck sitting in front of like a storage building is my desktop....!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DSCF1307.jpg

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i figured out what it is after looking at my pic...it is one of the lca brackets on the frame...am still to trim this back an inch or so...

·
TurtlePusher
500 Posts
98gmajb's truck is very bad ass but he has the front bagged i believe. the stance it has is beautiful. i wouldnt even worry about baggin the back.....lol

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
slamd91 I just grinded it down like 1/4'' I didnt want to go all the way to the frame part though.

Ya the front is bagged with just cups and bags alone, the back is 8'' drop. The back seriosly if I were to leave it static I would go 9'' probably, again with static for front I would go 5 maybe 6''. I still need to put my 2'' drop spindles on. I'll probably end up selling the rims tho, it's fun riding with the bling bling but the ride sucks donkey dick and for me it's not worth it. So those are for sale. And thanks for liking the truck. Money pit for sure especially for a broke 20 yr old in college.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much for rims/tires...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
ya even with me riding all the way down the 20's rub the inside fenders a little bit. I air it up and i'm good. It rides waaaay nicer with these than the 20's tho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts