GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a smooth tailgate skin that I bought from way2hi (member here). I was going to use it on my truck, but when I sanded down my already shaved tailgate to fix, it was just incorrectly welded. I decided to just fix my tailgate instead of adding the tailgate skin since it wasn't too much work to do. I just need to add some bondo now since I've already rewelded it. Anyway, I have not touched the tailgate skin. It has been sitting in the garage. I would like to get $80 OBO plus shipping.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have any pics guys. I'll try to get a hold of way2hi to get a pic. I know he sent me one, but don't know if he still has it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Sorry guys I deleted the pic
BTW it's a Grant Customs Tailgate Skin and looks VERY clean, wished I had kept it now...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
don't have to worry about seeing where the handle used to be or the holes if the body man messes up, perfectly smooth, really good to do a design on since the body work won't ever mess up. You still use the flip handle ofcurse.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
way2hi said:
don't have to worry about seeing where the handle used to be or the holes if the body man messes up, perfectly smooth, really good to do a design on since the body work won't ever mess up. You still use the flip handle ofcurse.
Yeah, that's exaclty the case. The skin replaces your factory skin and you don't have to worry about the welds on the tailgate hole since it is already smooth. I have not done anything with it since I got it from Justin. It's just been sitting there. I mainly redid my tailgate instead of putting the skin because I wanted to learn some body work and metal filling.
I'm not trying to get any extra money out of it. In fact, I paid a bit more than what I'm asking. I just don't want it to rust in my garage.

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
What exactly do you mean by skin? like the whole piece of metal for the back of the tailgate?

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slammedchevy01 said:
groundscraper, what was wrong with ur gate?
The welds on the plate that covers the hole were starting to show, so I grinded it and they (body shop) had just tack welded it, then bondo. :pissed:

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cockerspam said:
What exactly do you mean by skin? like the whole piece of metal for the back of the tailgate?
Yes, the outer metal skin of the tailgate, except that the new skin is already smoothed out (no holes)....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts