GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd club
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Chris02 picked up some 6000k HIDs for his lows and fogs today from Mike Laynlow77. The lows ballasts we just mounted on the inside of the plastic pieces between the headlight and grille, the grille covers them up. No pics of those unless chris wants to take his grille off and snap a couple.

However im not sure if anyone was having problems finding a place to mount their ballasts for their fog lights. I did some feeling around above the fog light itself, and then decided to get creative. Heres what we came up with and it works perfectly. I know itll work on the 99-02 fogs, if theres enough room for the 03-07's.....heres your ballast mounting solution.

For the top hole we used the existing bolt hole on the fog light bracket. For the other hole, i bent the bracket in 2 places as you can tell in pics 3-5. I used a rotozip to drill the hole, and on the underside of the bracket we had to trim a little of the plastic away to fit the screw, however its trimmed just right that the head is secured so we dont have to hold it to tighten it down!

Then to install, just put the assembly back into the bumper, turn the bracket so you can screw the original screw back into place, then turn the bracket back, line up the hole and if you can use the same original screw, do it, i had a few extra longer ones layin around so we used those, and screwed it down. And the last picture shows exactly how it sits inside the bumper.

Last pic is the only pic i have right now of the fogs and lows and its during daytime:

IMG00337.jpg

IMG00338.jpg

IMG00335.jpg

IMG00340.jpg

IMG00344.jpg

IMG00345.jpg

The cool thing about mounting it right here is that it comes out as an assembly.:big_banana_Dance:

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Thats pretty much exactly how I mounted mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
nice i was trying to figure out where im going to mount mine. thanks for the tip!

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I need to install mine lol. Had the in my room for about 6 months.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
nice work chief!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts