GMC Truck Forum banner

99-02 HID Problems

Question 
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Leyt5 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 GMC and I installed HID headlights in it a few years back.
Recently the sensor in my dash has gone out that tells my lights when to turn on and when to just use the running lights and because of that my headlights come on now every time i turn my tuck on.
Is there any way to disable this feature, maybe a fuse that I can pull that makes the automatic lights stop working. I would like it to just turn on my running lights every time so that if i want my headlights on i just turn the switch to the left of the steering wheel to 12 o'clock like most other cars out there.

Anyone else had this problem and knows a way around it?

Thanks

#3 ·
Replacing the sensor will only get him back to where he started... I think there's like a resistor trick or something you can do, I know this may sound kinda dumb but it's a sensor that at a certain point flips a switch and tells the truck when to switch from DRLs to headlights, and sense with a bad sensor or no sensor(or unplugged it cuts headlights on) so wouldn't just connecting the wires most likely "tell" it to keep DRLs on? I know this sounds weird

#5 ·
Yes but he wants it so at any time the switch is the ONLY thing controlling when the lights are on, WITHOUT the auto part, like for instance you want to have your lights off at night with the truck running the sensor won't let you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.