GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title pretty much states it all, i pulled all the bolts and noticed the spot welds, but how do i pull the whole inner/outer fender out? i need to beat mine out so it stops fuckin my door up, since i hit that deer its been fucked up...

thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
253 Posts
the entire fender comes off pretty easy. theres a few bolts under the hood along the hood/fender edge, one bolt below the truck where the fender/door meet and if you open your door up theres 2 bolts in the jamp you have to get with a extension. All the bolts are the same size (10 or 13mm, cant remember off hand) I dont remember the inner/outer fender panels coming apart easily.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my 2000 has spot welds all along the top edge...its not a big deal, but didnt know how the inner fender came out...

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Yeah the whole thing comes off not the skin on the outside. Like Jeff said take those bolts out and then I think there is some inside the wheel well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
only thing is the inner wheel wheel cover, its held on by some plastic clips. the bolts on the fender are fairly easy to get too... the top bolts for the fender (the under hood ones) are under the little piece of weather stripping/rubber.

I kinda messed up the fender on my current truck a few months back and it wasnt as easy :D

towtruck.jpg

DSCI0009.jpg

winch.jpg

between 4,000 lbs of winch pulling force and a 4 foot crowbar I was able to get to the bolts :crazy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts