GMC Truck Forum banner

99-02 Silverado Headlight/Grille Options?

43K views 256 replies 49 participants last post by  Big Chip 
#1 ·
Alright, my name is Blake, I am 16 years of age, and I am from the good ol' Northwoods of Northern Wisconsin. (Right on the big lake)

*NOT DADDIES TRUCK

I have a 99.5 silverado and I am wanting aftermarket headlights.... I buy on eBay all the time, I've looked around the internet, etc, but I'm kind of stuck.

In my opinion, the aftermarket headlights look nice, but when installed just look WAY too small to me? I found the 1 Piece Headlight Conversion from Spyder Auto, but it's around $300...

Are there any other alternatives for 1 piece headlights, or am I stuck with the general smoked with halo's on ebay...?

If anyone has any different options, I'd like to hear them as well...

Note* I would still like to stay in the price range of the eBay headlights, and my last resort will be the Spyder Auto conversion, unless there's a cheaper alternative.

If you have the spyder kit in good condition you're willing to sell shoot me a text 224-360-2838

Thanks,

BLAKE

Not me in the picture

Made from wrenches, not chop sticks.

See less See more
#6 ·
#8 ·
The 1 piece headlights look very mexican.

4x4 pods are expensive. As suggested, just get cheap ebay clear ones

#10 ·
I have no idea what is going on in here. What is a 4x4 pod. All headlights linked in here are gross.
Do you even 4X4 bro? <not srs

#11 ·
#12 ·
#15 ·
Well just an update...

I did purchase the Spyder 1 Piece Headlight Conversion in the "Smoked Black" color.

I also purchased a set of the towing mirrors (power+heat) from eBay as well.

The black grille was out of stock everywhere and wasn't going to be in until the end of the month, and I'm not patient :).

I am also looking into putting 1 or 2 LED 2x2 cubes on my back bumper for better vision while backing up at night.

I will most likely use Dupli Color rattle can bedliner spray, or plastidip to change the color of my grille. Or maybe automotive paint and have my brother do it.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks

#19 ·
Pretty much going to look like this, but I bought the smoked headlights.

I also spoke with ebay seller over the phone, and if I take good pictures, which I have the capability to do, I can submit them and receive money back. :)

#21 ·
Gross as fuck. Should do hd hood with cleared heads. Don't buy into everything you see on instagram.

#22 ·
Well you fuck off, asshole. :)

Where's your truck?

My truck is sitting in my shop. You're not gonna get too many people here that like the mexican style headlights.

#25 ·
Pretty much going to look like this, but I bought the smoked headlights.

I also spoke with ebay seller over the phone, and if I take good pictures, which I have the capability to do, I can submit them and receive money back. :)

Eww.. wtf were you thinking dude?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.