GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I've seen this done already logan2575 has them in theirs but wont respond to PM. Let me know if you guys know where I can get the straight billet inserts for the bumper cover NOT the speed grilles. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I would like to know too. I bought the one for the 03+ SS bumper and it didnt fit. When I get back I'm going to see if alittle cutting will get it to fit.

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to know too. I bought the one for the 03+ SS bumper and it didnt fit. When I get back I'm going to see if alittle cutting will get it to fit.
yea man let me know how that works out and everything cuz i might have to do the same

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Well im not sure if this info will help you or not. I have an ss cover on my 06 silverado and i orderd the ss bumper grille off stylen concepts and it had 8 bars and did not fit. So i called up Jbm Sport truck accessories and purchased the TRX-99101 which has 7 bars and it fits in the slot without any moding at all. I spoke with logan as well and i think you guys with the older generation trucks have to do some funky bending and tweaking to get it to contour to the grille slot. I didnt have to do any of this it fit like a charm. I can take some picture's if you would like i just put it on today. Let me know

Ok here you go this is directly from Logan out of my PM box.

"Well, as mentioned in my previous PM to you, it will work, but it will be a bitch to get in. By no means is this a simple install. Like I said before, the Street Scene bumper cover has a different contour than the OEM SS Silvy cover. Thus, some bending/tweaking/cutting is required. I had to cut some of the bars on each side about a 1/4 inch to allow for the insert to sit flush against the bumper cover. If you have a buddy, I'd reccommend his help. This is because the billet insert is hard to bend by yourself. I was able to do it, but it was hard. Just be careful you don't crack the billet bars.

Also, remember like I said, my billet insert from T-Rex was 7 bars... not 8. I guess this is their new product for the market. I would highly reccommend calling them at trucknvans and asking them what the difference is between those 2 product codes I gave you. I would think that 8 bars is gonna be even harder to fit than my 7 bar T-Rex insert."

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well im not sure if this info will help you or not. I have an ss cover on my 06 silverado and i orderd the ss bumper grille off stylen concepts and it had 8 bars and did not fit. So i called up Jbm Sport truck accessories and purchased the TRX-99101 which has 7 bars and it fits in the slot without any moding at all. I spoke with logan as well and i think you guys with the older generation trucks have to do some funky bending and tweaking to get it to contour to the grille slot. I didnt have to do any of this it fit like a charm. I can take some picture's if you would like i just put it on today. Let me know

Ok here you go this is directly from Logan out of my PM box.

"Well, as mentioned in my previous PM to you, it will work, but it will be a bitch to get in. By no means is this a simple install. Like I said before, the Street Scene bumper cover has a different contour than the OEM SS Silvy cover. Thus, some bending/tweaking/cutting is required. I had to cut some of the bars on each side about a 1/4 inch to allow for the insert to sit flush against the bumper cover. If you have a buddy, I'd reccommend his help. This is because the billet insert is hard to bend by yourself. I was able to do it, but it was hard. Just be careful you don't crack the billet bars.

Also, remember like I said, my billet insert from T-Rex was 7 bars... not 8. I guess this is their new product for the market. I would highly reccommend calling them at trucknvans and asking them what the difference is between those 2 product codes I gave you. I would think that 8 bars is gonna be even harder to fit than my 7 bar T-Rex insert."

Thanks man ill give em a call and see whats easiest:shake:

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Np.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts