GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have pics of any 99-06 silverado/serria's that are bodydropped? If so please post them.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
whats the difference between channeled and traditional? channeled means its just raised where the frame is and traditional is a raiesed floor?

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
go search the body drop thread.. its pretty informative and goes through all 3 styles of bodydropping in pretty good detail. that first truck has some beautiful wheels. what are those? kevin the trucks lookin lovely as always.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
whats the difference between channeled and traditional? channeled means its just raised where the frame is and traditional is a raiesed floor?
It's kind of hard to explain but kevin whipps explained it well on sts.com.

Channeling:
"What I do is cut out a section of floor above the frame. It goes up onto the firewall a bit, and up into the seat area a smidge, but it's not under the seat at all. Then I cut out clearance for the ABS under the truck, the tranny, driveline and gas tank. Basically I take a 3" stick and run it all over the underside of the truck, and wherever it hits, I cut it out. Then I cut down the cab mounts 2", and the mounts on the cab itself I cut 1" and then plate with 1/4" plate, which gives me a 2.75" channel. Then I make sheetmetal plates to cover the frame holes, and button it all up."

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
go search the body drop thread.. its pretty informative and goes through all 3 styles of bodydropping in pretty good detail. that first truck has some beautiful wheels. what are those? kevin the trucks lookin lovely as always.
I want to say there made by BAD, but i might be wrong...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
sorry double post

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
ok i just went through my photobucket account and clicked on some pics of mine or some of my buddies bodydropped trucks...or some pics of us bodydroppin them all silverados in these pics are channeled or stock floored(or both to lay door)
newpaint2.jpg

layedout.jpg

bodydrop02.jpg

Salmfest5.jpg

Slamfest1.jpg

dream0.jpg

mytruck5-1.jpg

cole.jpg

signaturepic.jpg

HC10.jpg

metruck.jpg

bodydrop03.jpg

bodydrop14.jpg

bodydrop16.jpg

bodydrop05.jpg

mytruck19.jpg

colefinished3.jpg

colefinished2.jpg

colefinished1.jpg

·
OG
6,939 Posts
colefinished2.jpg

colefinished1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow first truck like mine i have seen bagged.

What do yall think of the front bumper cap being painted pewter? Do you like it yes or no? I have mine painted blue. I need to repaint it so should i go Pewter or blue?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Wow first truck like mine i have seen bagged.

What do yall think of the front bumper cap being painted pewter? Do you like it yes or no? I have mine painted blue. I need to repaint it so should i go Pewter or blue?[/QUOTE]

paint it pewter..it makes it a complete two tone and looks awesome imo:bowtie:

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great pics of badass trucks. Thank ya'll for posting them.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
paint it pewter and also paint the strip across the bottom of your tailgate 2...and like i have siad b4...if it wasnt for kevin i would have never bodydropped my truck so keep putting out great mag articles...

1 - 20 of 132 Posts