GMC Truck Forum banner

641 - 660 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Nah sticking with stud top for now, but it looks like a good way to distribute the load on that area without using your upper reinforcement brackets

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
Well the main point of my big brackets is to help distribute the load to the frame rail instead of all of it on that shock pocket. This wouldnt help with that at all but youre right it would distribute on the pocket more than the stud and is a lot easier to installed than the big brackets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Atomic im barely new to this forum i was taking a look at your kit and its looks sick, i dont know if you can send me a PM or possibly we can email i have a couple of questions thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
n. fil-dert.
6,938 Posts
Hey Atomic im barely new to this forum i was taking a look at your kit and its looks sick, i dont know if you can send me a PM or possibly we can email i have a couple of questions thanks!

What are you wanting to put the brackets on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What are you wanting to put the brackets on?
On my 2006 Silverado crew cab z71 right now i have leveling torsion keys but i hate them and at the same time i dont want to put a 6" lift i just saw this and i thinks is my best way to go but i would love to still be able to get the 2" lift if its possible 3" how it would ride, what other parts besides the brackets and coilovers i need, what kind of coilovers would be better, i can do the work myself i work at a chevy parts shop

·
n. fil-dert.
6,938 Posts
On my 2006 Silverado crew cab z71 right now i have leveling torsion keys but i hate them and at the same time i dont want to put a 6" lift i just saw this and i thinks is my best way to go but i would love to still be able to get the 2" lift if its possible 3" how it would ride, what other parts besides the brackets and coilovers i need, what kind of coilovers would be better, i can do the work myself i work at a chevy parts shop

It rides great if you set it up right but your lift is still going to be limited by your ball joints, tie rods, and cv angles. You really can't go much higher than a level before you are binding up the front end/sitting on the droop stops but the difference is (with the right spring rate/shock length) you won't have the hopping/harsh ride like with cranked torsion bars. I have mine set at around 2.5" over stock height with after market UCAs/heavy duty ball joints and it sits almost dead level with 1.5" rear spacers on z71 springs. If you could drop the diff you may be able to go a little higher but nobody makes a stand alone diff drop for NBS that I'm aware of.

The directions on his website are really good, it's a pretty easy conversion compared to a lift install. I have around $850 in mine with brackets, springs, shocks, spacers, hardware so it's not cheap but in my opinion worth every penny.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just signed up to this site and read over this thread and was curious if anyone has tried this on an obs 4wd. If this has been discussed and I missed it could someone point me in the right direction.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,938 Posts
@Phildirt How are those UCAs holding up? I remember they were for a 2wd. Just curious since I'm sure you have put some miles on them by now.
No issues. 2wd and 4wd uca's are identical.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,938 Posts
Good to know, thanks. Yea I remember they were specified as "2wd only". I'll have to get a set.
I've got about 8-10k on them and the ball joints look good. And my angles are not flat.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #657
I just signed up to this site and read over this thread and was curious if anyone has tried this on an obs 4wd. If this has been discussed and I missed it could someone point me in the right direction.
These brackets will not work for 88-98 trucks as their LCA is very different than the 99+ trucks. If you are close to Huntsville, AL and could leave the truck with me for a couple weeks I am sure I could make something for you that would work and give you a great price on the swap ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thats about a 8 hr drive for me. I could bring my '88 c1500 down and leave it with you so you can mock up a kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah that's a ways for me to drive too. Probably 12-16 hrs maybe more. I wish I could. If you have someone local that u could fab some up for I definitely would want a set. There is absolutely nothing available for a coil over setup on a obs that I could find and I'm not handy enough with a welder yet to do that kind of fab work myself.

641 - 660 of 671 Posts