GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 235,xxx miles of good luck, I've finally done the inevitable and hit a deer. All in all, very fortunate as the truck still runs and drives fine. I was able to swerve and miss most of it, so most of my damage is a caved in passenger door. However, I do need to replace the Grille, Hood, and Passenger Headlight and Daylights.

I've found a hood on CL cheap enough, but it is a 1500HD hood. I know the same year Silverado HD hoods fit the 1500s but I've seen nothing that says the GMCs as well.

So before I start buying replacement parts I just want to know what fits and what won't.

-HD hood
-HD grill
-HD doors

and if their are slight mods needed I'd appreciate the info on that.

Also, If anyone has any thoughts on mods I should make while I'm in to all this I'd like that too.

Thanks.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
hd hood will fit with some cutting around the headlight areas, a few guys on here have gmc's with the hd hood.. looks awesome

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Pretty sure all GMC hoods whether it be HD or non HD are the same 99-07 classic. The doors are all the same as well. Again, pretty sure the grilles are the same up to 2002 HD or non HD.

What year truck are the parts you found? You would only have an issue if the grille is off an 03+ 1500HD.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yes, it depends on what year the hood is from. Like mentioned above people will add an HD hood but it requires trimming to fit around the headlights and then obviously sanding, some welding and painting to make it look flush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the hood is off an 01 1500hd. If I have to do some bodywork im not super worried as its union pacific yellow so at least a quick plasti-dip would happen right away. not that I hate the yellow but somehow I don't see it jiving well with my red.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the headlight trimming is only if I want to put a chevy hd hood on. the hood I found is off of a sierra hd. I think that needs mentioned. I wasn't exactly clear in my OP.

·
Registered
582 Posts
hd hood will fit with some cutting around the headlight areas, a few guys on here have gmc's with the hd hood.. looks awesome
I'm pretty sure the 1500HD hood is the same as the 1500 hood. I have an '02 1500HD and hood looks like a 1500 one. Now the 2500 HD hood is the one I think you are thinking of that is higher than the std 1500 hood.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 1500HD hood is the same as the 1500 hood. I have an '02 1500HD and hood looks like a 1500 one. Now the 2500 HD hood is the one I think you are thinking of that is higher than the std 1500 hood.
That is true, I remember seeing an 01 1500hd and he had the same hood as me... so it's a perfect fit

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The 1500HD Sierra hood will fit no problem all 99-06 Sierra hoods are the same 1500-3500. The 1500HD Silverado hood is the same as the 1500 Silverado Hood. The 2500HD Silverado hood is different which needs cut headlight area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts