GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to lift my stock truck but was wondering if throwing a leveling kit in there would be a better idea anyone selling a used lift kit looking for my cheapest options

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just put a leveling kit in my 2002 silverado. Works well with clearing 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs on the oem chrome/steel wheels. Had to do some minor trim on a small section of the drivers side front plastic.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Zone Body Lift is $200 with the rear bumper bracket. Leveling keys are $100-$160. You can comfortably fit a 33x12.5 tire or something like a 295/75/16.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Does it look
lifted when you have the leveling kit on it
if you just want it to "look" lifted then throw a 3" body lift on it.. wouldn't look good, but would look lifted.. i guess

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Probably take you the weekend if you took your time.. but if you were willing to fork out the 1100 for the local shop, why not get the 6" rcx lift?

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
This. Would be 87534784337x better than a 3" body anyways
i know.. OP was just worried about the truck "looking" lifted.. someone would have to be stoopid not to notice the difference between susp/body lifts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,711 Posts
I had a 3" on my 06 and it was not as bad as you guys are making it out to be. $600 for labor sounds right for 5 hours of labor. took me 5 hours to do the bl myself.

Oh and op don't buy a level kit just crank the stock keys to level. Anything more than that and it's not worth the added wear

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
6" RCX lift can be bought for $900 if your in the US. A lift, with two guys, and some decent tools, would take 1 full day, maximum, if all goes well (rusted parts, etc...).

Feel free to PM me if you go this route, I installed the 6" RCX on my 2000 by myself, on jackstands. It's not really that hard.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts