GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 Silverado's driver seat has a rip in it that needs to be repaired and I plan to do that by recovering the seat. The problem is I don't know what type of leather cover to buy. Katzkin has no seat covers for a 1999-02 and so I am not really sure what I should buy because most of the other covers have no reviews or like one that is good and one that is saying it is just meh. Would the 06 seat cover from Katzkin work? I assume it would but I am not sure.

I have bucket seats

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
No the 03-06 seat cushions were way different. It’s the same frame, so maybe you could make it fit, but I don’t think it would turn out nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the 03-06 seat cushions were way different. It’s the same frame, so maybe you could make it fit, but I don’t think it would turn out nice.
Hmm Okay I figured they had to be different but I wasn't sure why they were different. If I was to change out the cover do you suggest I switch out the cushion at the same time? I found a site that offers the bottom seat part only 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 - FRONT DRIVER BOTTOM SEAT COVER, GRAPHITE ALL LEATHER | The Seat Shop most of the reviews seem pretty good and they offer their own cushion separate. This is one of two websites I could find that even do 99-02 seat covers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts