GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 silverado and i have power locks but NO power windows... now i have the door panels to a 05 silverado and the wire harness and the switchs... i have the window regulater and motor already installed it was just bolt on... has anybody done this and can give me advice on what else i need????
i connected the wire harness to the inside of the truck on the side of the dash and the clip to the window and the 2 clips to the door switch and it doesnt move... i want my truck to look orginal with the same switch... the window moves up and down if i run a straight wire from the battery but i dont want it like that. can anybody help???

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
welll if u have a 99 silverado u need to get the 99-02 door panels and switches along with the regulators. yoiu can then find the wires that are needed and just simply tap into one with a 12v....another to the regulators from the the switches and locks

the 03-07classic is run through the bcm in order to get watever pieces you have working you must get a 03 and up dash harness along with a bcwm and have a couple programs rewritten to accept alll the new equipment...

i have an 04 and i put all oem locks and windows in my truck it is alllllllot of work....

·
"God Damn Buick Regal"
1,555 Posts
i have an 04 and i put all oem locks and windows in my truck it is alllllllot of work....
big fucking :word:

here the same exact thing i put in your other same exact post

when you say you installed the wire harness are you talking about the door wire harness or the dash wire harness? i just converted mine and since yours is a 99 too you have to have a dash wire harness out of a v8 1999 because the air bag system is different...look at the last post i did on this thread..it will show you everything you need and from what year

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121472

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
the 03-07 windows and locks run off data, you really need to go find a 99-02 set of door panels to make this anything near easy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i use a tahoe's dash wiring or it has to me a silverado's???
because its kinda hard to find a truck like mean but with electric windows and locks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts