GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so I have a '99 Silverado NBS that I have not drivin in about 2 years and has not been started in about a year (I bought my SSS and then the old truck sat at my parents... LONGGG Story) for about the last year, the truck had no battery but before it was parked it ran great. IIRC the truck was low on fuel when parked.
So now I am getting rid of the truck (trading it to a buddy) put the battery back in (it was low) jumped it off the SS and it will not start, it cranks all day but now spit or spudder I put 3 gallons of fuel in the gas tank and sprayed a little wd-40 in the TB. The security light does come on, but I think it did that in the past (im not sure if the truck has passlock, but it is a LT with just about every option). I have very limited tools at my parents place, so any idea's would be very much appreacted.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
pull a plug, hold it against the block, crank it, and see if its sparking. don't shock yourself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill check the fuel filter, as for teh maf I disconected everything from the TB and cranked that way and go Nothing.
If im getting no spark then what would be the next thing to check?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Yeah, the fuel doesn't hold up well at all. On a constantly running vehicle, year old fuel may not give you problems, but if it has any issues, bad fuel can expose everything wrong. When you disconnect for the fuel filter, let plenty of fule drain out and but so fresh fuel in the tank. When the key is turned, can you hear the fuel pump "hum" under the truck?

With a good battery, possibly hooked up to a running vehicle, as well, turn the key to ON for ten minutes. Turn off and then try to restart.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I would also just do a tune up on that thing. Just starting replacing the basics. Fuel Filter, Plugs and Wires, Air Filter. etc.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Pull the schrader valve off the fuel rail and turn the key on for a second to see if it is building fuel pressure.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Air, Fuel, Spark. If you're missing one you won't run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts