GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
6,182 Posts
I wish mine wouldn't unlock when I shift into park. All a thief has to do is wait til you park it and open the door while you're busy getting all your shit together (wallet, cell, fucking with your iPod, etc).

Sorry I couldn't help the problem but ya know what I mean?

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trade ya... but seriously, yea i know what you mean.. but i live in the middle of bumfuck and you got a purdy mouth lol, so it's annoying as hell to me to have to hit the button, AFTER i grab the handle... happens EVERY TIME... know what im sayin :crazy:

· Registered
6,182 Posts
trade ya... but seriously, yea i know what you mean.. but i live in the middle of bumfuck and you got a purdy mouth lol, so it's annoying as hell to me to have to hit the button, AFTER i grab the handle... happens EVERY TIME... know what im sayin :crazy:
Fa sho

Look in your owners manual. There are several different ways to program it.
Try that and let us know how it turns out.

· Registered
10,914 Posts
Look in your owners manual. There are several different ways to program it.
nope. we're beat. we can't program our year. i heard something about the dealer can turn the auto lock off or something like that but i never got it done or anymore info about it. i hate the feature as well.

· resident pyromaniac
13,664 Posts
nope. we're beat. we can't program our year. i heard something about the dealer can turn the auto lock off or something like that but i never got it done or anymore info about it. i hate the feature as well.
:word:

i didn't think the 99's were capable of it AT ALL. I know there was a company that was making modules to wire into the dash harness to make the truck unlock when shifting into park...i think they're out of business though

· Registered
10,914 Posts
:word:

i didn't think the 99's were capable of it AT ALL. I know there was a company that was making modules to wire into the dash harness to make the truck unlock when shifting into park...i think they're out of business though
that sucks. i'd buy one right now.

· Registered
4,358 Posts
Mine unlocks it when I remove the key. I just threw away the instructions I had to program my key fob and they had instructions about that but then again they said the 99 was different. Ill try to contact the ebay seller and get the info.

· Registered
2,074 Posts
Just install an alarm, with programmable door lock functions, or upgrade the body control module, to a 2000-2002.
that wont work i have the same "problem", but it is annoying after i drive the nnb and expect to unlock on park

· Registered
51 Posts
The 99 is dealer only to get it to auto unlock. From what I've heard, it's in the neighborhood of $120 to get it done. Both me and my dad have 99's, so we've been looking for a better solution. I did run across this:

to stop auto door locks on a '99 silverado: under the dash at the steering column is the interior control module, find the plug labeled brown and on it find the small gauge light blue wire (fourth position from the end. cut this wire and clear the ends. problem solved, locks will still work manually but will not auto engage!!!!
Not sure if that will affect keyless entry or not. My truck doesn't have keyless, so I'm probably going to do it. Easily reversible if it does kill it though. This basically makes your power locks work just like on older trucks. They do nothing automatically, lock and unlock only with the button.

· Registered
35 Posts
The 99 is dealer only to get it to auto unlock. From what I've heard, it's in the neighborhood of $120 to get it done. Both me and my dad have 99's, so we've been looking for a better solution. I did run across this:

Quote:
to stop auto door locks on a '99 silverado: under the dash at the steering column is the interior control module, find the plug labeled brown and on it find the small gauge light blue wire (fourth position from the end. cut this wire and clear the ends. problem solved, locks will still work manually but will not auto engage!!!!

Not sure if that will affect keyless entry or not. My truck doesn't have keyless, so I'm probably going to do it. Easily reversible if it does kill it though. This basically makes your power locks work just like on older trucks. They do nothing automatically, lock and unlock only with the button.
Has anybody tried this to see if it affects the keyless features? My 99 doesn't unlock and it's annoying.

Thanks

· Registered
35 Posts

Quote:

FYI this does not work if equipped with keyless entry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.