GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As y'all already knew, and I found out, the 2WD, '99, OBS, Tahoes came with 15X7, 5 lug, 5" spread wheels. I would like to have some larger wheels, either 16s or 17s. I have looked at every wheel web site that I could find, and I don't like any of the after market wheels that I've seen. I would like to get some larger stock wheels, but every Chevy 16 or 17 inch wheel is 6 lug. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get some kind of real conservative, 16 or 17 inch, non chrome, stock type wheels, with a 5 inch spread, 5 lug pattern?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a '95 rcsb. I ended up getting a set of 18" Boyd Smoothies off of Ebay. I'm thinking that I will be putting them on today. I was like you, I wanted a set of stock appearing wheels, but in a larger diameter. I have a few suggestions that maybe you have not thought of. A set of wheels off a 90ish SS454 pickup would look good. They are only 15" but look great. I also like the 84ish corvette wheels on the obs trucks, they are 16". Actually any vette or Camaro whell would look god on an obs. I know that you would need a set of adapters to get these to work, but I've seen them on several different trucks and like them also. Finally there are a couple of companies out there that make larger diameter steelies and rally wheels. Stockton wheel is one of them. I myself had bought a set of rally wheels off a monte carlo before I realized the the bolt pattern of my truck. I guess it justs depends on how much money you want to spend. Post up some picks when you get something down. I am interested in seeing what you come up with.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
I myself are in the same position. I will be running my 22"s later this year. But I want other stock style rim. But I will probally just stick with my stockers for now until I throw the 22"s on.

I used to have 17" American Racing Torque Thrust II's on there last year. But sold them.

Here is a picture of my Yukon with the TT II's...

Old 3/4 Drop

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
As y'all already knew, and I found out, the 2WD, '99, OBS, Tahoes came with 15X7, 5 lug, 5" spread wheels. I would like to have some larger wheels, either 16s or 17s. I have looked at every wheel web site that I could find, and I don't like any of the after market wheels that I've seen. I would like to get some larger stock wheels, but every Chevy 16 or 17 inch wheel is 6 lug. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get some kind of real conservative, 16 or 17 inch, non chrome, stock type wheels, with a 5 inch spread, 5 lug pattern?

Thanks in Advance.
The only other "stock" 2x 5x5 wheel you'll find are the 17x7.5 94-96 Impala SS wheels or the 16" Tahoe Limited Wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts