GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to hook up a 4-way plug and I'm wondering which wire is which. There is a dark green, light green, yellow, brown and a thick white ground wire. Any help?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the wires on the trailer are green, red, white and brown. Not sure which is which. And there is a seperate ground wire.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
i have a chiltons manual with a wiring diagram. i would suggest looking at picking up a used manual at half priced books

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a haynes but i dont think it says what the wires are for.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i blew the hazard/brake light fuse twice thanks to some internet wiring diagrams :pissed:

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured out the lights on the truck now how do i figure out which is which on the trailer?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
hmm, you could look at the connection on the bulbs and see what wire goes to what filament on it. not sure otherwise

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried that but the lights are siliconed to the trailer and i dont wanna cut through it tonight :(

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
I tried that but the lights are siliconed to the trailer and i dont wanna cut through it tonight :(
i know on my trailer, its a 4 wire and i dont know off the top of my head but its got brown, green, yellow, and white. the white is ground, brown is running and then im not sure on the yellow and green which one is which

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Theres an extra fifth wire hanging off the trailer's hookup which i thought was the ground but everytime i hook it up to the ground on the truck i blow a fuse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I am Correct, I'm Sure you already figured it out.
White = ground

Brown = Parking Lights

Yellow = Left Turn Signal

Green= Right turn signal

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We were more wondering about which light is which on the trailer. We'll try the battery charger thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts