GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best size spacer that would put me back to stock with a C-6 corvette rim that has a 56mm offset? Ive got a 1999 sierra 2wd with stock 16inch rims.

The aftermarket rims are 18x8.5 with a 5-120.65 lug pattern. Originally for a s10 project but didnt use them. So they have been sitting i the shed for the last couple years, no one wants them so i figured get some adapters and spacers to run them on my 99. usually not a fan of spacers but only way this is gonna work.

Anyone know what the best spacer in width would be?

-thanks
kam

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
So you are wanting to put Corvette wheels on your 99-06 body style truck? It's really not worth the trouble and wouldn't be safe with huge spacers/lug adapters.

Surely you can sell them on craigslist or ebay and get something that will work for your application.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you are wanting to put Corvette wheels on your 99-06 body style truck? It's really not worth the trouble and wouldn't be safe with huge spacers/lug adapters.

Surely you can sell them on craigslist or ebay and get something that will work for your application.
Correct. Ive been through this how big of a spacer are we talkin? ive always been against spacers but then, i know people run 2inch daily with out a problem. This is not intended to turn into why spacers are bad or hate against them. Respect their limits and i dont see a problem. Ive tried selling my basicly brand new rims and tires for over 3 years now and no one wants to pay what i want so instead of getting ripped i figrued try to use them. But if the spacer is over two inchs then i dont consider them safe and will consider it my loss.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more i think about this the more i think its a bad idea. Why have something so simple be the cause of something so bad. Guess theyll stay in the shed...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts