GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys so I am ready to get to work on this suburban that I just picked up. It has 93k on the clock and I have no maintenance records, it had a clean crafax though.

Which spark plugs do I need and with what gap?

Which plug wires should I get?

Filters?

What other maintenance does everyone recommend?

The steering is fucking weird, it will be tight and then get extremly loose in a turn its weird it just changes from tight to loose? Any ideas on what to replace other than pitman and idler arms?

Thanks guys

·
Canadian Chapter
2,283 Posts
It just randomly will go to empty then swing back, its all over the place when its full
my old 01 used to do that. it turns out it was the float that is on the sending unit gets all gummed up. i baught some stuff from the stealership i used to work at and if was a temorary fix(only lasted a few months). i guess it lubed this thing in the tank. and for the life of me i can't remember the name fo the stuff. i think i still have a bottle of it at my parents house though. i'll take a peek next time i'm out there and let you know. i'm assuming the unit is the same, but i know there is a couple different types.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
typical obs gas gauge. i just got a brand new fuel pump and it still does it so idk about the sending unit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.