GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys so I am ready to get to work on this suburban that I just picked up. It has 93k on the clock and I have no maintenance records, it had a clean crafax though.

Which spark plugs do I need and with what gap?

Which plug wires should I get?

Filters?

What other maintenance does everyone recommend?

The steering is fucking weird, it will be tight and then get extremly loose in a turn its weird it just changes from tight to loose? Any ideas on what to replace other than pitman and idler arms?

Thanks guys

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and the gas gauge goes from full to empty all the time, what the hell is that? weird?

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
oil change, air filter, plugs and wires, maybe seafoam your truck too. as far as what kind Im not sure what brands are teh best

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
Oh and the gas gauge goes from full to empty all the time, what the hell is that? weird?
Mine did that once. Same with my oil pressure. Just once each. weird :imo

Seafoam that bitch, it helped my throttle response.. but my blades were really gunked up.

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
The steering problem is the variable assist. I can't remember the exact name of it but the module is located on the column. Hopefully someone can chime in with the name of it.

·
Canadian Chapter
2,283 Posts
It just randomly will go to empty then swing back, its all over the place when its full
my old 01 used to do that. it turns out it was the float that is on the sending unit gets all gummed up. i baught some stuff from the stealership i used to work at and if was a temorary fix(only lasted a few months). i guess it lubed this thing in the tank. and for the life of me i can't remember the name fo the stuff. i think i still have a bottle of it at my parents house though. i'll take a peek next time i'm out there and let you know. i'm assuming the unit is the same, but i know there is a couple different types.

·
1998 K1500 4x4 5.7
102 Posts
I have always had good luck with ac delco and ngk plugs and I use delco wires. While your at it I would change the fuel filter and check the belt and radiator hoses.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
typical obs gas gauge. i just got a brand new fuel pump and it still does it so idk about the sending unit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts