GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i would share what all I got done this weekend.

I got a overhead dvd player w/4sets of headphones(FREEBIE) and finally got it installed. Its for a 02-06 yukon. This unit had never been installed. I had to move the domelight back about 4" but it turned out great.
IMG00313.jpg

IMG00312.jpg

IMG00314.jpg

I also did the led change out in the cluster and dash. I used 6000mcd flat top leds. I dont like the ultra bight leds, they seem to have too many hot spots. I did use the bright ones on the ac controls but I will be changing them to the flat tops next week. The pics make it look like hot spots but it is not as noticeable in person. You can really see the diff in the stereo and the ac controls.(yes i know i missed some leds in the stereo)
DSC00517.gif

DSC00518.gif

DSC00519.gif

M

·
0 Posts
Is it just the pictures or is that blue stuff really bright? Looks good regardless :rockit:

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Is it just the pictures or is that blue stuff really bright? Looks good regardless :rockit:
yeah, those are called hot spots

i've found simple aluminum foils helps disperse them

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. The hvac isnt "as" bright as it looks in the pics. but it is too bright. I think the leds that are in it are 20,000mcd.lol. I'm changing them to the 6000mcd flat tops, they seem to disperse the light great and aren't too overpowering.

and i couldn't find my aluminum tape...:think:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts