GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 silverado 1500 v6 (4.3 unfortunately). so I'm having a weird problem with my Heat/ A/C. My fan speed docent work on 1&2 but does on 3,4&5 this may tie into something with the bigger problem that I'm having but Sometimes when I turn on my truck the A/C comes on and is on even when my heat is on high and the window vents are on. when the A/C comes on I can't change which vent it comes out of and i can't adjust the temp. but when i turn my truck off and back on it all goes away and my heat works. just wondering if any of you would know anything about this and any way to fix it. I just installed some Hid low beams but i don't think that would do it. Thanks for reading!

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
Fan speed issue is likely the blower motor resistor. Simple to replace and a cheap part.
werd:signs75:

had the same thing happen to me on my 02' started with loss of fan speed 1, then started slowly killing the next higher speeds until only high fan speed was available. so if you value your heat, don't procrastinate and make sure it gets replaced sooner than later

·
Registered
18 Posts
The other problem will be more involved as there are three or four actuators that are not working correctly and only one is even remotely easy to change. There are good videos out there to assist.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys,

I own a 2012 Chevy Colorado and i have been told my a/c actuator motor needs replacement. Problem started when I had the battery replaced. Dealer said it woud be $520.00 but I have read it may just need a system reset. Thoughts?

I'm kinda shocked with the $520 for this!! :mad:

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
Isn't 2012 still under warranty?

·
Registered
6 Posts
only the services but for parts replacement I have to buy it. i'm checking the price ranges from ebay.com, amazon and other auto parts warehouse online stores but they are all different. I mean and I think the quality are just the same. would you recommend which to to buy from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts