GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can turn the air on most of the time and it blows ambeit air. You can hear the compressor come on and the idle of the truck change. But when it blows ambeit I never hear the clicking noise. But when I do hear the clicking noise it blows cold.

It will work for 3days str8 and then start to act up again. Like somthing is dieing slowly lol.

Today I drove for 1hr on the interstate with hot air. THen out of now were it starts blowing cold lol. When it blows cols air its nice and cold, but when it blows it lol.

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
What clicking noise are you referring to? The clicking from the compressor engaging?

You need to make sure you have the right amount of freon in the system for starters.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What clicking noise are you referring to? The clicking from the compressor engaging?

You need to make sure you have the right amount of freon in the system for starters.
Frean is good. And yes the engaging click. It doesnt always click when it kicks in. But when it does click is when it works.

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
Find the low pressure switch if you can. You could disconnect the connector and jump the connector with a paperclip. If it engages now then the switch is bad.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok tried jumping the switch and it does the same thing. The compressor always came on so that wasnt the problem. The clutch just never engages.

I hooked my gauges up to it and noticed it was reading 76psi. So I let alot out of the system. And it still was reading 76psi after leting alot out.

Could that be caused by a clogged orpheus tube?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.