GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after breaking my condenser I replaced it and had a leak test done on it to make sure all was well. After that they filled with like 1.6LBs of freeon (or whatever). Since it doesn't blow AS cold but still cold and it drips water alot more than it used to. Any thoughts? I know nothing about a/c.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I posted this from my phone BTW. So be easy on the grammar :D.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Mine doesn't get really cold. My dad's '02 would make your bones hurt it was so cold. My truck pisses water every where too.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Uh... do a quick search, I've been covering this in another thread. When you open the system stuff has to be replaced.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uh... do a quick search, I've been covering this in another thread. When you open the system stuff has to be replaced.
Ok Ill check your posts. I also have an issue of it only wanting to blow hot. But it did this before the Condenser broke. Itll blow hot for awhile then randomly start blowing cold again. It doesnt do it all the time..but maybe once a week or so.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
I take what happened to the condenser wasn't something that could of been covered by warranty?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, I try not to even attempt Warranty work if I dont have to, lol. Im on my own :D

·
Sweet Tea Pants
430 Posts
I got this reply on another forum :eek: concerning the AC blowing hot since my thread here got zero replies. :nono:

My problem:
So the other day I was rolling along and I turned my AC on and it blew hot air. I mean hot. Recirculate, hot, vent, hot. I mean it was hot.

At a light I shut the truck off and restarted it, and after that the AC worked fine, and has ever since.

Anyone ever experienced that before? FWIW my dd is an 05 Silverado.
Possible answer:

Pressure switch could have stuck or the blend door actuator might have wigged out. If it happens again, might want to try tapping on the pressure switch thats on the dryer ( small round aluminum tank ) or take it by a shop while it isn't working. Hard to fix it when its not broken.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got this reply on another forum :eek: concerning the AC blowing hot since my thread here got zero replies. :nono:

My problem:

Possible answer:
:hmm: thanks Ill check into that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts