GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some leveling keys for my truck in the near future and I was going to get shock extensions as well. Then I realized I could just as easily make them since I have metal at my disposal. Does anyone have a set laying around that they can take some measurements of? I read a post where a guy used 3/4 steel, but that seems a little overkill.

Next questions. From the info I've read, I should be able to level my truck with stock keys. I have mine maxed out and it was still at least 2" lower than the rear (rear is stock). Someone's told me in the past to use longer bolts to get the extra lift, but that doesn't sound safe to me. What's everyone's opinion?

Thanks!

Note: these are questions for my 09 4x4 2500hd

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not going to put a lot of money into a leveling kit because I would like to do. Lift when these tires wear out.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
just ride with what you have until those tires wear out then..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're new tires so it's going to be awhile. They rub at full crank so I'm looking to raise it up some so it stops rubbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
just buy a leveling kit. they aren't that expensive and you can easily sell it and get your money back when you go full lift.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I prolly will. I got some spare Amazon gift cards, so I'll prolly use them to buy something lol

·
Dream Workz Detailing
247 Posts
Sorry to thread jack, but I'm in the market for a leveling kit as well and was wondering would it hurt to get the Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks front and rear with torsion keys? Truck is an '05 Sierra 1500.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Sorry to thread jack, but I'm in the market for a leveling kit as well and was wondering would it hurt to get the Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks front and rear with torsion keys? Truck is an '05 Sierra 1500.
Don't have adjustable Bilstein shocks for NBS's

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
They're new tires so it's going to be awhile. They rub at full crank so I'm looking to raise it up some so it stops rubbing

just buy levelling keys

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just placed the order for the keys. It was only 30ish more for the extensions so I decided to go with them instead on spending the hours it'll take to make it. Sounds like I'll have everything end of next week. I got 2" blocks for the rear as well.

·
OG GMFS Member
2,963 Posts
Its going to be high in the back. If I were you, I would've found a buddy with stock 1500 keys and swapped them in. Free leveling kit right there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a lowering shackle in the rear currently, so I can adjust it that way in which ever direction of need be. Maybe I won't use the blocks, but we'll see. I never heard that 1500 keys worked as a leveling kit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts