GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
T Nigs
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to make a pretty large order and have a few questions before i do.

1) Im going to get ssr 1 and 2 but then i saw 2.5. Is it even worth getting 2 if i can just get the 2.5 and have more correcting power? Or should i just get 2 and 1. I dont want to get 3 yet.

2) What is the best engine/exterior trim cleaner and shine. I want to get something that realy pops. Ive used a hand full of OTC products and nothing last for more than 5 minutes it seems.

Thanks.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
I would just get SSR2.5.

Best engine/trim cleaner is any APC really. I started using 303 protectant on motors b/c I really wasn't liking it for interiors. I couldn't be happier with the results. Not over the top shiny, but not dull. Here's my truck with. Though its been driven a while since I applied it and sat to by our horse ranch so it has some dust on it.

As for exterior trim, the key is to clean the trim WELL with APC before you apply any dressing to it. I use PB's trim restorer a lot with great results on window and wiper cowls. 303 can also be used on trim. I was just given a can of CG Fade2Black also and used it on a rear plastic bumper cap and really was impressed with it. I have not tried the Migliore trim stuff, but im sure someone can chime in. But Ill guarantee you'll like it as Don's products get awesome reviews or else I will buy it off of you to try.

Its also best to have a few different dressings/protectants as not ever trim piece is going to react to the coating the same.

·
T Nigs
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay cool, i suppose i will just go with the 2.5 and 1.

I used 303 protectant on our boat seats alot, never thought to try it on the engine plastics. I was also looking at the fade to black as well, good to know. I also pick up some pb trim restorer, seems like PB doesnt make a bad product

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
Yeah I never did either as I have a ton of Meguiars dressing. But since I bought a lot of 303 as it was on sale one day and really didn't care for it on the interior, I gave it a try on the engine. I just like it cause its not over the time shiny. PB's trim restorer is a real nice product.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
For your looking for polish suggestions. I would strongly recommend Meguiars 105/205 combo. It works awesome by DA and can remove some pretty serious defects if needed. Though again, not sure if your doing this just for your car or doing it as a "job," but its always nice to have a few different polishes. Sometimes a polish will act up or not work well with a certain paint and you have to try a different one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts