EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
Cool vid is that were you work, what kinda motor is that
You should show the boyetts this video

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No thats my buddies shop up in Morgan Hill. I just drove up to help him for the weekend.

Thats a LQ9 6.0L with programming and long tubes.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Looks like a fun time, I laughed at the tape on the bathroom door. "You guys taped the fuck out of that door." Hahaha, badass build though, I liked the Blazer before it went under construction, too!

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
The question then becomes should he run it drive by wire to eliminate those pesky throttle cables that snap:crazy:

Kevin's rig is looking good, 2 transformer truggies in one shop, intense.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Nice vid. The first link has an extra d in day.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tires/wheels stay the same as well as the axles/trans/t-case. Engine is being swapped from TPI 350 to a LQ9 6.0 and linked front/rear and a bunch-o-tube plus 05 silverado skins. Going to run short bed truck skins on the rear with 4"ish bulge. He'll pull the skins for running in the rocks.

It will be at pismo memorial day with me.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sony HVR-Z1U

Heims are 1-1/4" and link tube is 2" .250" wall with a .120" 1.5" sleeve inside on the lowers.

I've got an uncompressed 1080p version that is a hair over 60gb... Little big to upload but it looks alot better, alot less jittery.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
I just watched the whole thing finally, Kevin throwing himself at the bender was great. Sure looks like he should put some cashola into a hydraulic setup.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
He also doesn't like turbo deisels and swears by towing and using big blocks so I guess it starts to make sense. Still sure looks like his back and arms would be happier with him if he'd give hydraulics a shot.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes he's quite stubborn... I'm getting him turned around though... I even heard him say, quietly under his breath, that he liked my dodge as I drove him home lol.

·
Architecture owns me
2,351 Posts
Cool vid and build

Nice I heard Oasis haha

What is that called what you did to the frame? Is that just for extra strength?

So what is actually left of the k5? the cab and part of frame?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts