GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GMC Owner
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a question, i have never been to a dyno before and i am planning on taking my truck to the dyno soon, i got a lot of upgrades on the engine and computer.
When i take my truck to the dyno does the shop tune it for me or do i have to go and tune it myself?
i have a 97' chevy C1500 with a 5.7 with SUPERCHIPSPROGRAMMER - K&N AIR INTAKE - ASP RACING PULLEYS - ELECTRIC FANS - MSD IGNITION - TB SPACER - Hi-FLOW TB - HEADERS - TRUE DUAL EXAUST W/ X-PipE (low ristriction) - POSI REAR END w/3.73 GEARS

thanxs.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
most shops you pay to use the dyno, and they have a dyno operator on stand by. he runs the computer and helps strap down. some places wont tune, some will. Id call around and find someone that can write an eprom for your truck, and see what its doing on the dyno. Im sure someone in miami can tune it.

·
Im walking on sunshine!
5,650 Posts
most shops you pay to use the dyno, and they have a dyno operator on stand by. he runs the computer and helps strap down. some places wont tune, some will. Id call around and find someone that can write an eprom for your truck, and see what its doing on the dyno. Im sure someone in miami can tune it.
:shake: If there not helpfull call a shop that will work with you.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
The dyno is just going to show what your current power levels are as well as the A/F ratios. To tune it, you'll need something you can program the PCM with. I think "TunerCat" has a setup for the older Vortec motors.

Also, please type so we can understand you. I had to read this thread four times to understand anything.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Give the n00blet a break...

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
im thinking he doesnt normally type like that, he just copied everything out of his sig and pasted it into his post. :imo

·
GMC Owner
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There I Changed It For All Of You Complaining People!!!

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
???!!!:ninja:

·
Registered
999 Posts
damn public schools :whyme:

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
i have a 97' chevy C1500 with a 5.7 with SUPERCHIPSPROGRAMMER - K&N AIR INTAKE - ASP RACING PULLEYS - ELECTRIC FANS - MSD IGNITION - TB SPACER - Hi-FLOW TB - HEADERS - TRUE DUAL EXAUST W/ X-PipE (low ristriction) - POSI REAR END w/3.73 GEARS
First off you might want to reload your stock program from that superchip programmer and sell it. If you write over the superchip program with a new tune it will be lost and if you get a custom tune the SC handheld is useless to you.

Second. Call around, find a shop that has a qualified tuner familiar with your particular type of vehicle. If your gonna pay for dyno time its in your best interest to have a professional make the best use of that time for you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts