GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st race:
Me '03 4.8 stock with the SLP and the free mods vs a '01 ext cab 4.8 with a UPD and a Hypertech Programmer (I think thats it)
went from a 5-10mph punch and I put about a truck on him because my tranny is slipping and wouldnt shift into 2nd gear. The 2nd time we went from a 20mph roll and this time the tranny kicked in and I put about 3-4 trucks on him. Not too shabby for a stock truck :naughty:

2nd race:
Me vs a 95 Mustang GT with a 5.0 intake and exhaust (manual tranny)
went from a 15mph roll and he beat me by about 3.5 cars, again the slipping tranny wouldnt go into 2nd. 2nd time we went on my roll, so I threw it into 1st gear and punched it. He must have missed 2nd gear because when I looked back he was almost a car and a half behind me, then the 2nd gear problem again and he passed me up on his top end.

Overall, Im pretty happy that the truck is running so well with just a little exhaust modification that I did. The ext cab truck runs a 15.6 at the track, so maybe I'm in the 15.2 - 15.4 area which is great for a stock 4.8

I need to fix my tranny!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking to the guy I raced with the mustang on AIM and this is what he said:

ReDgTsTaNg95: the second time we went was the first time a truck had ever set me out a .5-1 length on me, not even 5.7 liter single cab with 3.55

:worship:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Man your crazy, if my tranny was acting like that I would fix it before something really fucks up. Never know you discs could just be out and that would be a lot cheaper to fix than replacing gears. Trust me I know. I'd get her checked out soon.
But sounds like fun. :head3:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
the old mustangs are dawgs. Hell, i beat a couple with my truck, and i'm a bone stock. Gotta love the 4.10s though

The old 5.7L sucks. My dad's 5.7 is sooo slow compared to my 5.3.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Todd said:
Man your crazy, if my tranny was acting like that I would fix it before something really fucks up. Never know you discs could just be out and that would be a lot cheaper to fix than replacing gears. Trust me I know. I'd get her checked out soon.
But sounds like fun. :head3:
fuck it, its only got 8k miles on it! warranty time!! :mexsmoke:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Todd said:
Ahh in that case I would be doing the same thing. :naughty:
Hell when I had my '02 Z71, the truck went into the dealer for tranny problems 3 times before 12k miles......... guess I should learn to lay off the shifter :evillol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts