GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have think about baggin my truck! I like the KP comp. reverse 4 link in the back, what todo up front. I was wondering if I could just run Shockwaves with my DJM upper and lower control arms? I have friend that is gettin rid of his Shockwaves b/c he is bd'in his truck, there are off a 88-98 truck. Looks like all I have to do is change the bottom eyelets to mtach the nbs trucks. I want to go the best route for the best price. All info/comment/options/views are welcome!!! Lets hear it!!

O, I will probably get the new crossmember too!

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I'm sure that there will be some modifications you would have to do to get an OBS component to fit an NBS. I would talk with Tony at Air Ride to make sure it is doable. My guess that your goal is not to lay out, but ride quality because you're going with shockwaves. I'm not really sure you can lay even with lowered arms, but don't quote me on this. You can always go with a KP front cup kit which is compatible with DJM arms.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would not do a reverse 4 link. Instead go with the regular bolt-on 4 link with cantilever setup. In the front I would go with the KP cups and 2600# firestone bags if you are going to keep your DJM upper and lower control arms on. If I am not mistaken, if you go with shockwaves you are going to have to put your stock lower control arms back on your truck.

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!!! My goal is to bag it, not cut open the bed and have a qualty ride. With the Kp front kit, I take I wouldn't have any shocks? Running the KP front would be better on the wallet too. Where's the best place to get the best prices on their stuff?

Instead go with the regular bolt-on 4 link with cantilever setup
Thats what I ment to say!

Thanks again fellas!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
but if you end up draggin it,wash it after every time u really lay into it, cuz in florida it rains a lot and water+asphalt=paint eventually gettin f-ed up, and also cops hate when you "fuck up" their streets as one cop told me

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
02chevy said:
but if you end up draggin it,wash it after every time u really lay into it, cuz in florida it rains a lot and water+asphalt=paint eventually gettin f-ed up, and also cops hate when you "fuck up" their streets as one cop told me
lol when i get my y pipe raised, there is a parking lot that i hate with my cross memeber's name on it :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts