GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 tbi 2wd v6

tires measure 31.75-32

Im leaning towards 4.56s due to the fact i may end up running 35s.

I have 3.42s now and its a real dog

Will gas mileage drop badly with 4.56s. Should i just go with a 4.10 or hell maybe a 4.88 :bowtie: Thanks

just cant find much info on gearing 6s

·
4,725 Posts

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt more opinions

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
V8

The message you entered is correct.
i already told you i cant afford that right now:rofl2:

5.13 is like deep, would my gas mileage be horrible? Would i be able to do 70mph?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Ok... Before you decide on gears, answer these questions:

How long will you be keeping the truck?
It's a '95 V6 2wd... Do you really want to dump $500 into it when it's not necessary?

Here are my thoughts: It's a 12 year old truck. You have a wimpy motor in it. There's no way around that. Spending $500 on gears isn't really going to make it perform that much better. I would just assume that it would make more sense to keep that $500 and use it to save up for another truck or invest it, or do something more useful with it.

I used to drive a 2wd V6 that had a 9" lift on 33x13.50 tires and 3.42 gears. Yes, it was slower than my grandma's Camry... but who cares? It got me around town and it looked cool. I would have kicked myself in the nuts if I spent $500 to re-gear a truck like that.... There's no point, IMO.

Don't get me wrong... You'll notice a difference if you install 4.56s, but your truck will still be slow and you'll be out $500.

Just shedding my perspective since I've been there.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok... Before you decide on gears, answer these questions:

How long will you be keeping the truck?
It's a '95 V6 2wd... Do you really want to dump $500 into it when it's not necessary?

Here are my thoughts: It's a 12 year old truck. You have a wimpy motor in it. There's no way around that. Spending $500 on gears isn't really going to make it perform that much better. I would just assume that it would make more sense to keep that $500 and use it to save up for another truck or invest it, or do something more useful with it.

I used to drive a 2wd V6 that had a 9" lift on 33x13.50 tires and 3.42 gears. Yes, it was slower than my grandma's Camry... but who cares? It got me around town and it looked cool. I would have kicked myself in the nuts if I spent $500 to re-gear a truck like that.... There's no point, IMO.

Don't get me wrong... You'll notice a difference if you install 4.56s, but your truck will still be slow and you'll be out $500.

Just shedding my perspective since I've been there.
I would like to get a new truck but my insurance would up over 100 dollars a month with a new truck since id have to have full coverage. I just dont know what to do. I keep putting money in to it and trying to make it nice. i prolly would get a new truck if it werent for the fact that insurance would go up so much

·
Registered
807 Posts
I would like to get a new truck but my insurance would up over 100 dollars a month with a new truck since id have to have full coverage. I just dont know what to do. I keep putting money in to it and trying to make it nice. i prolly would get a new truck if it werent for the fact that insurance would go up so much
get a second job, and save yo money:D.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
get a second job, and save yo money:D.
lol, you just dont know

I bust my ass all year around

60-70 hours a week summer.holidays 25 a week an full time college.

Dont spend money on anything but my truck,

payin tuition,books,carnote,insurance,cell out of pocket aint cheap

busting ass for little or nothing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your truck is fine. Re-gear it if you want to. The 4.3 is a good engine. Just because it's a V6 and not fast doesn't mean you can't get some better performance out of it. A stock TBI 5.7 truck isn't a race car either!

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your truck is fine. Re-gear it if you want to. The 4.3 is a good engine. Just because it's a V6 and not fast doesn't mean you can't get some better performance out of it. A stock TBI 5.7 truck isn't a race car either!
Im hoping to do a 350 with mean cam,longtubes,chip,edelbrok intake and vortec heads stroker setup later on but that cost money

But with all that i should be putting out some pretty good power

1 - 20 of 25 Posts