GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to start a stupid thread but,

How much heavier is a tsl or ssr than a regular mt in the same size?
Im trying to figure out if its a big enough difference to strain my axle btw a 33 inch
Thanks,

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
I couldn't imagine it being very much heavier than a typical mud terrain, such as a BFG or the like... :imo

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive heard from several people there heavier just trying to figure out if its a big enough difference to change it

btw nice new truck

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you want swampers for your 2wd? :jester:
wait let me bring it back down to stock height and put on some slicks and since i have a v6 ill kill myself:shake:

, I actually use my truck like a truck ZOMG

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You aren't going to strain your axle all that bad with the v6 :imo. I'd be more interested in regearing if anything.

BFG m/t's are pretty light. I dunno about tsl radials, but SSR's are relatively heavy ass tires.
I will prolly regear this summer...

Maybe I should stick with a mall terrain

All mud terrains suck though I want one with a little on the sidewall and bfgs cost to much

Any good cheap mud grips with tread on teh side

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
its hard to tell unless everythings on the same rim
i know my 15x10 and 33s outweigh my bros 285s and 16x8s by a ton

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
i was thinking bout getting my bodylift and 315s soon, but would need someone to buy my 305's first...too bad you dont have 17s

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was thinking bout getting my bodylift and 315s soon, but would need someone to buy my 305's first...too bad you dont have 17s
Yeah I cant afford 17 inch rims lol

I might end up going with the trxus mt a good crossover

I have to go to the shop and figure out why my front end has a jingle sound when i brake first

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
If they still had decent mileage left on them and the price was right, I might be interested...

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
they've only got bout 4k miles on em now and i've had them for nearly a year now....i'll let you know if my plans go through

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
they've only got bout 4k miles on em now and i've had them for nearly a year now....i'll let you know if my plans go through
Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I will prolly regear this summer...

Maybe I should stick with a mall terrain

All mud terrains suck though I want one with a little on the sidewall and bfgs cost to much

Any good cheap mud grips with tread on teh side

Do you have actual first-hand experience with "all mud terrains" or are you just reiterating what some members say about them? I'm not trying to rag on you here, just wondering if you need Swampers or not.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
ssr's are a heavier and beefier tires
tsl radials are the next lightest
then a regular tsl bias

compared to a regular m/t i know they usualy out weigh them by a few lb's like we are talking 10-20 and also rims do have a factor in there

my tsl radials will be up for sale soon

i think im going to run some q-78;'s

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
V6offroad, look into LTBs

HulK explain to me how you plan on stretching your 16s to fit his 17" tires, i'm really fucking intrested. This would allow me to buy cheaper wheels for my Dodge and still be able to fit them over my brake callipers.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
V6offroad, look into LTBs

HulK explain to me how you plan on stretching your 16s to fit his 17" tires, i'm really fucking intrested. This would allow me to buy cheaper wheels for my Dodge and still be able to fit them over my brake callipers.

although im sure your being sarcastic theres no way ill run ltbs,

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you have actual first-hand experience with "all mud terrains" or are you just reiterating what some members say about them? I'm not trying to rag on you here, just wondering if you need Swampers or not.
yeah your probably right, thanks for the help:shake:

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
although im sure your being sarcastic theres no way ill run ltbs,
Actually I wasnt. You could probably fit some 34x10.50s, which would net you good ground clearnce. And thats exactly what you need. I would know, I've wheeled a 4x2 6-cycl powered full size before. It was a 94 F150 with an inline 6 on 33" BFG Muds. Ltbs are very agressive and are very cheap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts