GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i didn't know were i should put this post i decided to put it here hope i don't get cursed. here it is my 1/24 scale plastic 99 silverado far from done so far made c-notch, rollpan, shave all handles and 3rd brake light custom made hood scoop let me know what u guys think.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
That's tight! Take some better pics.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i ot that kit from my local hobby shop this is the 2nd on the first one got into a accident when my shelf fell and the truck got total heres a pic of the first one on the same wheels as the white one i was on 26s but took them off and put on that lime green impala

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
I used to big into building/customizing models. I would like to get back into it. And you just made me want to do it more:head:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
ahh i must try this now..can you find a obs reg cab?

brandon, what kind of bike do you ride?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres some updated pics still not done its paint metallic gray tinted all the windows and stratch built front two still not done yet. still have to make cover for notches and the interior and still need some wheels that will tuck. but anyway here the pics let me know what u guys think!!!!

that dam hood scoop gave me the blues but it came out ok if i say so myself.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
dude, im doin that to my mine, ive been workin on it for a couple of weeks in my spare time..except mine is a metal body with a plastic frame, and its an F150 stepside...

i'll post some pics...

·
Registered
752 Posts
It would be so sick if you could actually f.b.s.s. with that thing :cool: ...is there any possible way to do that?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
here's some pics of the ford i've been working on...

had to grind the inner fenders down a shitload.....

IMG_0505.gif

my temporary "notch" for the rear until i find something else to use, lol...

IMG_0503.gif

overall, how low it currently sits...

IMG_0501.gif

Dave

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
nice. i should really paint that chevelle i put together.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
haha are you guys juse using a dremel kit to do the cutting and grinding? imma go pick up a metal model at walmart or somethin and fuck with it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
thats all im doin josh, just have my carbide bit on it and going to town on the fuckin thing, there's actually some shit that i hand filed, its still rediculously easy and fun in ya spare time tho..

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
i dont have alot of spare time but i think imma get one of the escalade metal scale models and then maybe one of the cheap dub models so i can get the rims and then ill hack into it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It would be so sick if you could actually f.b.s.s. with that thing :cool: ...is there any possible way to do that?
yea its possible i will do it on my next projecy and obs silvy single cab layin on 24s

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
i went out and bought some stuff to play around with today as i wasnt feelin well at all and had the day off. so heres a little progress post..

first i chose a car to get my interior and rims and whatever else i could take out of it. a shelby cobra 427. nice.

0627072233.gif

then i ripped it all apart and took what i needed. full interior, dash, rims, brakes, motor.

0627072233a.gif

then the car that i bought to put everything on. an amc gremlin.

0627072235.gif

then i ripped that whole thing apart and figured out what needed to be cut and grinded out. pretty much everything that keeps the hood and doors in and working and the mounts for the undercarriage stuff had to go. nice.

0627072235a.gif

then i started splitting, sectioning, etc to get the parts i needed workable into the amc. they shelby was quite a bit wider and longer so i had to do alot of sectioning and reglueing. ive not finished out the interior and all that but i do have the frontend and rear end in. ill do the interor, dash, hood and door hinge removal a little later. heres what i got for now..

0627072239.gif

0627072238a.gif

0627072248.gif

0627072249.gif

1 - 20 of 38 Posts