GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to build a new box for my subs. It is going to go across the back of my tuck behind the seat. I want it to hold some extra 6X9's and my subs. My question is, is there such thing as 2 much air capacity for subs. :bowtie: If any body has any ideas for a different box or changes to my idea i am open to anything. :head:

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I f you could the dimensions would help a lot. Thanks. I am also thinking about splitting the box for my 6x9s also so it would be split into four chambers 2 big ones and 2 smaller ones :head: . And what did you make it out of would help to.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
well im building mine out of 3/4 inch MDF
you should use mDF if you are planing on putting some nice subs in there
this is a couple pics of mine (yes im working on redoing the interior)

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a cool idea if i had bucket seats i would do that it looks really good keep up the good work. How are you going to cover the box, paint it or carpet. I think if you got some leather or viynal the same color as your seats that would look good to.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
well my plan is to fiberglass over the box and then paint it
also i have covers for the seats
the whole interior is going to be grey and black

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO they are kicker comp 10 that are thinner than your subs the depth is
4 9/16. so do u think i could use the same measurments but split the chambers down the middle and put one small chamber on each side for the 6X9"s. Did yall get the mdf in 4X8 sheets if so how much was a sheet.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had 2 sony explodes before and i blew them both so did you buy the mdf in a 4x8 sheet. And i am also 6'1 so leg room is very important.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude u have been a lot of help i really appreciate it koehrsenlb. Any more tips or hint would help.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks alot when i get it built u should hear it. U probably could here it from san antonio to dallas dont you think J/K Thanks for the help.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
i just got a 4x8 sheet of the stuff the other day at home depot $21 and change
also i dont know if you can do it with the newer trucks cause im sure you have power windows but with mine with roll up windows i fit my 6x9's in my doors then i will have 1 12 in the box and i bought a set of tweeters which i am unsure where to mount at the moment
with my 6x9s in the doors and my current subs (2 8" MTX road thunder) it sounds decient

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
well mine didnt come originally with door speakers its an 85 remember
so i added them afterwards they are in the lower part of the door ill try and snap a picure for you tonight so you can see where i put them

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Koehrsenlb what kind of speakers do you have in your doors.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
this is what my door looks like
the blue part at the front of the door is where there were 4x10's in the door but i decided they were not powerful enough and switched to 6x9's
this is the highest you will be able to mount them as when i put my window down there is about 1/4 inch between the bottom of the window and the magnet on the 6x9
and please excuse the mess as i am currently redoing the complete interior

Attachments

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am running an All pioneer setup minus subs and amp. I replaced every factory speaker in my truck

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will keep u posted when i build it if i have any more ? i will ask thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts