GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the right side of my truck is about 1"-1 1/2" higher than the left side. i did just adjust the lower bars for pinion angle. i was thinking maybe a bad shock. but i have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
do you have the same air pressure in both bags? you have to compensate for the weight of the gas tank on the one side... thats why you had a lean in the first place :shake:

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i would have a frozen shock? maybe i will take off the shocks and see how it sits?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i dont think the shocks do that. they could but usually every chevy will sit lower on the drivers side because of the gas tank. you just have to put more air in the left side

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but they say bad shocks can cause a lean. i understand the gm lean but im talking an 1"-2". its very noticeable. and it just happened. the right(higher)side also rides stiffer. i think the shock is frozen. how could i tell if the shock is bad? im going to take them off soon and see how it sits. then i will know if its the shocks or not. cause if that doesnt fix it. then i dont know what it could be.

and the bags are T'd on one 3/8 line.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I'd still say a big part of it's the chevy lean, most bagged guys put more air in the driver side to compensate.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think it's the chevy lean too. It's probably not as bad with an empty tank? Wait till you get your front done. your back end is light enough that when you put a little extra air in the front left it should level you out pretty good. I would highly reccomend running the 4 valve setup on the fronts so you can control it independently.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys. yeah i will be running a 6 valve setup when i buy a control kit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Remove the shocks to see what it does, while you are under there check upper & lower bag mounts to be sure there are no problems there, The fact that it happened over night makes me worry. D
Is the bag over the axle or on a cantilever set-up?
I always make the front passenger side cup 1/2" shorter than the driver side to compensate for the natural lean.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
my truck is the same way. I'm not bagged, but my passenger side is 1" higher than the driver side in the front and the rear. I think it's the CHEVY LEAN. Very noticeable, at least to me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
sorry about it being an old post but i dont have a gas tank in my truck right now and it still sits lower in the front driver side corner. mabe 1-1.5" i was trying to think of anything extra on that side of the truck...but the only things are the gas tank(gone), abs, steering wheel and wires.

Dru.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts