GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have been looking for a Super Cooler (A tank like a fuel cell with copper tubing on the is side for water to run though for an AIR TO WATER Intercooler) I have seen pics of them but I can’t find any body that sells them I’m not even sure what they are really called dose any body have any info on what their called or where I could buy one?

·
Registered
44 Posts
The only help i can give is to bump the thread for ya... sorry :endofshow

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
cool can i think is the name??? i have seen them on trucks and cars to cool the fule going in the motor i have never seen them on a water to air cooler but it should work its a good idea

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A tank that has copper coils going though it so I could pack ice in the tank and it would cool the water that’s in side the tubing This should keep the ice from melting as fast since there’s not water dumping on top of the ice from the return hose. You could even put dry ice in the tank since the ice and water would never touch. That would put your intake temp really low maybe to low in the winter.

You would also mount it in the bed of your truck the only one I have ever seen was in a lighting and I though JLP would sell them too but they don't I might have to fab it up on my own.

I would use the tank from summit but it's a very small inlet and outlet and I am running 3/4" right now.

Thanks for the help

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts