GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy I know is selling an AAL, he doesnt know how much lift it is for, is there a way you can tell how much lift it will give you w/o putting it on the truck. I'd like to know before I bought it, if its only half an inch or something I dont want it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Don't think I've ever seen an AAL advertised for more than 2" of lift, , maybe a 3-4" but thats about it. Plus I've always read where they alway net you 1/2" to 1" less than whats advertised as well... So if you looking for 3+ inches of lift I'd go for blocks at that point.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
shackle flip and smaller block, I just did it and love it.

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shackle flip and smaller block, I just did it and love it.
not to sound like an idiot, but please explain the shackle flip, what parts do i need and what do i do?

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/shacklekit.htm

From the factory your rear suspension has a tension type shackle. With the shackle flip it flips it to a compression shackle. It will lift the rear 4". It is a good way to get rid of a block or two.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I just got a buddy to use my factory one by cutting it and flipping it and then re welding it back together with a gusset. It only has to last me till I do the 4 link:anitoof:

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I just got a buddy to use my factory one by cutting it and flipping it and then re welding it back together with a gusset. It only has to last me till I do the 4 link:anitoof:
So you are gonna link it? Yeah, that is a way to do it. I just want the ORD one.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
So you are gonna link it? Yeah, that is a way to do it. I just want the ORD one.
yes sir, I am not sure when but probably within the next year or so as I will be busy starting my new business so I wont have time right now but I will be collecting parts in the meantime.

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes sir, I am not sure when but probably within the next year or so as I will be busy starting my new business so I wont have time right now but I will be collecting parts in the meantime.
Did you ever get those 39.5s to fit? If so, lets see some pics!

Also, guy said $25 for the AALs if i get them tonight, back to the question, can i tell by the thickness of the spring how much lift it is for?

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Awsome.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Also, guy said $25 for the AALs if i get them tonight, back to the question, can i tell by the thickness of the spring how much lift it is for?
No, usually your going to get between 1.5"-2" out of an add a leaf, if you get any more than that i'd be suprised.

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1.5-2 is fine, but if its any less, its not worth my time or money to put them on the truck

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Did you ever get those 39.5s to fit? If so, lets see some pics!

oh yeah they fit, I have zero trimming now and will only have to trim a little of my front valence and I have raised the truck more since then. I flexed the truck a little with no rubbing so I should be fine and I have a blown front diff so I wont be wheeling until I do my 4 link.
I only test fitted with one and I dont have any good pics of it on the front or the back but I can post one(remember its higher now)

phonepictures054.jpg

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh yeah they fit, I have zero trimming now and will only have to trim a little of my front valence and I have raised the truck more since then. I flexed the truck a little with no rubbing so I should be fine and I have a blown front diff so I wont be wheeling until I do my 4 link.
I only test fitted with one and I dont have any good pics of it on the front or the back but I can post one(remember its higher now)

phonepictures054.jpg
So how did you lift the truck more? Just crank? I have the same setup as you do. Right now I'm 50 inches at the fenders with 36s

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
So how did you lift the truck more? Just crank? I have the same setup as you do. Right now I'm 50 inches at the fenders with 36s
yup crank and shackle flip. I am sitting at about 51" all the way around but my tires only measure about 36". They measured about 49 1/2" around with the "37s" before the crank and shackle flip.
When you gonna step up the tires size?

·
Team Volvo
1,620 Posts
I dont know how to tell how much lift a AAL provides....I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your sig...especially DYNO-MAN.....:D

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont know how to tell how much lift a AAL provides....I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your sig...especially DYNO-MAN.....:D
haha yea DYNO MAN...to the rescue! You say you have 450 HP, he says NOT, he builds dynos! Only dynos built by him work, all others are imposters!

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yup crank and shackle flip. I am sitting at about 51" all the way around but my tires only measure about 36". They measured about 49 1/2" around with the "37s" before the crank and shackle flip.
When you gonna step up the tires size?
Soon, my GTO needs painted before anything else major for the truck. Want to run 38/15.50/20s Mud Grapplers on Intro Wheels. Do you have any pics of the shackle flip, i'm still not sure how that works.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts